Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

McLaren as an alternative to a GT3

Looking at Mclarens business model reminds me alot of Dell Computers. Back in the day, you could only buy directly from them. Their argument was we can service clients better because there isn't a middleman. As they grew they struggled to keep pace with demand for sales and service. Eventually they saw the light and set up an indirect channel.
McLaren are approaching that point, without an indirect model(in this case, the independent workshops and sales) to help grow their market, people will be put off buying second hand cars.
People will argue that they're only interested in new cars, but by not having a vibrant 2nd hand fan base, those buyers may never get the bug to buy new when they're in a position to.
The way Porsche set up their business model is significantly better in my opinion.

Collected her last Saturday and covered around 500miles, absolutely loved every moment. Feels so special, every time I stop to refuel etc people want to talk about the car and take photos.

Problem now is do I sell or keep the 997.2 turbo?

More pics of this beast first though surely?!

Bikeracer1098 said:

Collected her last Saturday and covered around 500miles, absolutely loved every moment. Feels so special, every time I stop to refuel etc people want to talk about the car and take photos.

Haha, very nice, drove one of those round Spa, was great fun! Enjoy in good health!

s2000db said:
Bikeracer1098 said:

Haha, very nice, drove one of those round Spa, was great fun! Enjoy in good health!

Thanks, how are you getting on with the Performante?

You 2 should go to the V8 hotel, check out my pics from my Stuttgart thread :thumb:

That Mac is STUNNING BTW :worship:

HSC911 said:
You 2 should go to the V8 hotel, check out my pics from my Stuttgart thread :thumb:

That Mac is STUNNING BTW :worship:

Thanks, also thanks for sharing those stunning photos, absolutely amazing 👍

The Performante is going great thanks, every journey is an event!

Nice car Bikeracer1098 :thumbs: you're a brave man though unless you've got the McLaren warranty ;)

apollokre1d said:
Nice car Bikeracer1098 :thumbs: you're a brave man though unless you've got the McLaren warranty ;)

Thanks, have some friends at McLaren which helps :thumb:

Some photos from our McLaren meal in London yesterday evening

Brilliant looks super fun.
Hope a good safe time was had by all.
Taking a 12c out for a spin next week, looking forward to it.
Just hope no rain

Tobyone said:
Brilliant looks super fun.
Hope a good safe time was had by all.
Taking a 12c out for a spin next week, looking forward to it.
Just hope no rain

We all had a great evening thanks :thumb:

Enjoy the Mac

Can I ask how you heard about the meet?

Lovely looking car by the way, are you taking it to Dinslaken?

m119cars said:
Can I ask how you heard about the meet?

Lovely looking car by the way, are you taking it to Dinslaken?

Arranged by one of the members from McLaren Owners club.

Restaurant not officially opening until 4th March.

http://www.xierlondon.com

Yes going to Dinslaken, Spa & Stuttguard.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back