Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anti Vibration Dampers - Something you may need to know

pietrzj

Spa-Francorchamps
All,

Recently ordered bits for the front brakes on my C2. I ordered the parts from Design911 and when they turned up there seemed to be a problem.

There are two sized dampers for our cars as there are two different piston sizes.

The parts are labelled as 36mm (96435109601) and 44mm (96535109600)

What is not so obvious is that the black plastic disc part is actually the same size for both and is 44mm! Its only the size of the metal star on the back that is different.

I returned my parts only to find the replacement genuine Porsche items sent out promptly from Design911 were exactly the same and ringing my Porsche dealer (where they measured them for me), also confirmed the ones they have that are labelled 36mm were actually 44mm in diameter.

Hopefully I will do the job this weekend, without incident :)

Thank you Ben at Porsche Portsmouth and thank you Jack of Design911

Hopefully this will reduce the confusion that others may suffer.

Yes indeed. My thread is only about the front brakes.

Job complete. Took 4hrs in the end as I had some fiddly bits I wanted to get right.

The sensor cables from Design911 were noticably shorter than the originals. I wasn't able to fit the holding clip on the one wheel as it was putting so much strain on the red cable part. I will contact them about this at some point.

The dampers went in no problem, but most of the stickyness had been lost with my fumbling fingers by the time I gort the pads back in.

The inboard pads weere quite a job as I think the stainless plates on the caliper must have lifted a little. I cleaned them up about 3 years ago, but UK winters don't help.

Old disks were pretty unevenly worn, but I will polish them up and make a reading lamp base out of them :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back