Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne Diesel S Buying Advice

can i just add ..

i dont hate deisels .. i just fix them ..

I know from the issues we have had at work that the DPF can cause problems .. it needs a fairly long run to clean them out .. its a burning operation .. more and less fuel is added to create a high temp in the " filter " to clean them .. if this is not acheived during normal operation then it ends up with guys like me trying to fix the fault .

We do this with a tester .. 30 min job and we have to be in the car the whole time .

There are many values we can see on a tester to figure out how bad a Dpf is .

For what you are contemplateing and from what little i know then i think a diesel is not the best for you .. hence i point it out .

Its all i can do to add to this post .

deMort said:
can i just add ..

i dont hate deisels .. i just fix them ..

I know from the issues we have had at work that the DPF can cause problems .. it needs a fairly long run to clean them out .. its a burning operation .. more and less fuel is added to create a high temp in the " filter " to clean them .. if this is not acheived during normal operation then it ends up with guys like me trying to fix the fault .

We do this with a tester .. 30 min job and we have to be in the car the whole time .

There are many values we can see on a tester to figure out how bad a Dpf is .

For what you are contemplateing and from what little i know then i think a diesel is not the best for you .. hence i point it out .

Its all i can do to add to this post .

I hope you don't think i was having a pop at you at all, i appreciate the advice you've given and was hoping that someone with your experience and expertise would comment. It was GMG i was aiming the 'i get it you hate diesels' comment at as he was quite blunt about it.

Are there any issue you see with the Petrols i should be aware of?

Good grief no .. i was just stateing my opinion .. i can honestly say there is only one person in my black book after all these years .. and thats certainly not you :D

There are no set issues with petrol .. i see the occasional fault .. and these can be costly but they are one offs .. im afaid anything can break on a car but unless its repetative then its not an issue .

But i am afraid .. ***** does happen with any car ... pretty rare with Porsche though .

deMort said:
Good grief no .. i was just stateing my opinion .. i can honestly say there is only one person in my black book after all these years .. and thats certainly not you :D

There are no set issues with petrol .. i see the occasional fault .. and these can be costly but they are one offs .. im afaid anything can break on a car but unless its repetative then its not an issue .

But i am afraid .. ***** does happen with any car ... pretty rare with Porsche though .

Diesel Cayenne , especially the V8 is a beast ...

Transfer boxes can be an issue .....not sure of exact figures though ........

The Diesel S V8 is a great car and with a remap is petrol turbo quick!

Transfer box fluid should be changed more regularly than specified to prevent slippage. Easy DIY.

Transfer box issues .. pretty rare .. there was a recall years ago on these though .

Ive seen 2 in the last year .. and none in the year before that .. fault is kinda like a hesitation so us lot tend to think its an engine fault .. but once you drive them then it becomes apparent .. disconnect the wiring to the transfer box then r/t to prove the fault .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back