Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

MaxA said:
weebz said:
MaxA said:
I'm curious as my centre console is looking a bit tatty ... and sorry about the stupid question, but can you still drive the car when the centre console is removed? Does it leave the gearlever and handbrake in situ?

Yes you can still operate the car, it's only a trim part :thumb:

thanks Weebz. I was concerned that you needed to remove handbrake handles, or gearlevers etc.

Max, you need to remove the bits to get the console out, but then you can put them back on to use the car with the console removed :thumb:

A great write up of removal can be found here on Rennlist

Handbrake and gear lever remain in situ :thumb:

Would be possibly interested in a GB, just what to choose to tart up the interior though.

Car currently has carbon pack (Dash/Gear knob/Handbrake) so not sure I'd want to do the centre console.

Was thinking of getting a red centre rev counter dial, painting the gear H pattern with a red infill, so was wondering if red centre console would match in?

Then begs the question seat belts :what:

Can you put me down as interested? I would still need to land on an appropriate colour. The car is Carrara White and Ocean Blue, and I think the console would look good in Carrara White for a bit of contrast. I'm not planning to add any accent colours. Thoughts?

MaxA said:
Can you put me down as interested? I would still need to land on an appropriate colour. The car is Carrara White and Ocean Blue, and I think the console would look good in Carrara White for a bit of contrast. I'm not planning to add any accent colours. Thoughts?

Agreed, white would look very cool!

My exterior is Aqua blue with Ocean Blue interior. I'd go Aqua blue for the centre console.

Ben I did just that as you know mate

Attachments

• img_2218_137.jpg
    img_2218_137.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 4,910
Bund said:
Seems like the guys who got on the first time round had a very good deal as Lyle has told me he lost on each one due to a miscalculation.

This time round 10 jobs will get it to £215.

I'll give it till next month if anyone is interested?

What's included in the "job"? I could be interested if it's centre console + other little bits like vent bits etc

Guys it's well worth doing and not that difficult. WC are excellent at what they do :thumb:
Try and get everything done at the same time it's cheaper, if you go back with a small trim job as I did it's a minimum charge I think of £80.

I got seat backs, centre console and the door sill pieces, great job!

silvermilnec said:
Guys it's well worth doing and not that difficult. WC are excellent at what they do :thumb:
Try and get everything done at the same time it's cheaper, if you go back with a small trim job as I did it's a minimum charge I think of £80.

I got seat backs, centre console and the door sill pieces, great job!

How do they do the seat back? Do you need to take them apart?
Any pics please as I'm thinking of going carbon...

Jay. said:
Bund said:
Seems like the guys who got on the first time round had a very good deal as Lyle has told me he lost on each one due to a miscalculation.

This time round 10 jobs will get it to £215.

I'll give it till next month if anyone is interested?

What's included in the "job"? I could be interested if it's centre console + other little bits like vent bits etc

The standard piece breaks down into 7 pieces. Everything below the silver hoop below the gearstick units basically. The unit itself. Cubby button, cubby lid, handbrake hole banana trim, rear consul cubby and the two base pieces for the two cubbys. Note you don't send the iPod unit if that's installed.

But it's worth thinking about any other parts like vents, trim in front of the door handles, door sill plates, roof switch unit by the rear view, all at the same time to ensure colour match etc. All these are additional.

mine is in being done at the moment in basalt black as the front and rear bumpers are in too.

will do the side plastic bits on the doors by the handles too.

silly oem design with that soft rubber crap on there that marks so easily.

As said they can and will do all trim pieces at an extra cost but still with the group buy discount .

Attachments

• chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_195.jpg
    chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_195.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 4,711
  • img_2642_128.jpg
    img_2642_128.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 4,711
  • img_2268_773.jpg
    img_2268_773.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4,711
  • img_2643_497.jpg
    img_2643_497.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 4,711
weebz said:
A great write up of removal can be found here on Rennlist

Handbrake and gear lever remain in situ :thumb:

Would be possibly interested in a GB, just what to choose to tart up the interior though.

Car currently has carbon pack (Dash/Gear knob/Handbrake) so not sure I'd want to do the centre console.

Was thinking of getting a red centre rev counter dial, painting the gear H pattern with a red infill, so was wondering if red centre console would match in?

Then begs the question seat belts :what:

Sorry this is such a poor pic , but this I what they did for me before I got the X97 knob .

Attachments

• img_2253_108.jpg
    img_2253_108.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 4,703
Also its not just interior bits they can do. they have colour coded my headlight washers

also on my gen1 they carbon dipped the airbox and front luggage compartment trim and scuttle panel

and also the gen1 lower section of the door mirrors

Attachments

• img_2646_124.jpg
    img_2646_124.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 4,691
  • img_0168_143.jpg
    img_0168_143.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 4,691
  • 10car_886.jpg
    10car_886.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 4,691
  • 13car_236.jpg