Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS cab - sand beige interior refresh

Wow that's different, got a before and after pic? :worship:

honzy said:
She's finally done! I'm liking it so far and I agree that's most important. Paint and leather matches original tones quite well albeit will need some usage to show same level of wear. Thanks for the comments and following the small project.

Bloody Lovely , :thumb: :thumb: the aqua trim finishes it off nicely . looks great on a Cab really suits a bright bold interior and a great way to break up a sea of sand leather . I did similar Aqua trim on my coupe

Attachments

• img_2649_114.jpg
    img_2649_114.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,309
  • img_2647_860.jpg
    img_2647_860.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,309
honzy said:
She's finally done! I'm liking it so far and I agree that's most important. Paint and leather matches original tones quite well albeit will need some usage to show same level of wear. Thanks for the comments and following the small project.

any more plans for the interior, I would like to see a bit more of the patterned material maybe pick up a used armrest and get it covered and also maybe the door cubby covers and lastly some used rear seat bases and get them done . :thumb: it gives a real feeling of retro if it was mine I would be putting 19" Fuchs on it and a ducktail or maybe even the aftermarket sportster look rear humps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omz-ejqmK6Y

Attachments

• porsche_911_997_speedster_03_150.jpg
    porsche_911_997_speedster_03_150.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 2,295
Appreciate the kind comments everyone.

@stucart: did my best to find a similar angle before/after pic for comparison. The car started off with a pretty standard full sand beige interior with extended leather and regular seats. I added a pair of carbon back Recaro sportster in black leather as the starting point of my interior project and finished things off (for now) with the retrim and paint work to try and blend everything in with a classy retro theme.

@Phil 997: Love the blue accents in your car, its similar to what I had in mind. I don't hv plans to do more for now but it's good idea to add more plaid accents, especially in the rear seating area. The speedster is definitely an inspiration and the Fuchs design is an all time favorite for me. However, my car was not opt'd with 5 lug making my wheel selection very limited with the centerlocks unless I go the custom route. It's in the plans but not a priority at the moment.

Attachments

• da743a6d_e93a_4208_842b_402ac6493936_955.jpeg
    da743a6d_e93a_4208_842b_402ac6493936_955.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 2,221
  • c4400500_5309_401f_82bf_e4c5e404d5b5_176.jpeg
    c4400500_5309_401f_82bf_e4c5e404d5b5_176.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 2,221
Did you get the rear inserts recovered by Burberry too?

:)

Liking your project - really different take on things

honzy said:

@stucart: did my best to find a similar angle before/after pic for comparison. The car started off with a pretty standard full sand beige interior with extended leather and regular seats. I added a pair of carbon back Recaro sportster in black leather as the starting point of my interior project and finished things off (for now) with the retrim and paint work to try and blend everything in with a classy retro theme.

@Phil 997: Love the blue accents in your car, its similar to what I had in mind. I don't hv plans to do more for now but it's good idea to add more plaid accents, especially in the rear seating area. The speedster is definitely an inspiration and the Fuchs design is an all time favorite for me. However, my car was not opt'd with 5 lug making my wheel selection very limited with the centerlocks unless I go the custom route. It's in the plans but not a priority at the moment.

lol those dogs are cute . did Linas do the seat retrim , reason I ask is that there are very limited guys who have the tooling to put a crest on the seats. I guess you have centre locks maybe a Fuch theme would work ok black centres and silver/chromed rims it would continue that retro theme . I understand visions and projects take time especially when the aftermarket speedster humps are 5/6k . but I really like the retro theme looks so cool on a cab. :thumb:

That is a very brave colour/pattern choice, but I like it :thumb:

I'm actually located in Hong Kong and the work was done locally by a shop called Alea Leather. They've done a great job and I will definitely go back to them for further work in the future. And yes, additional bits and bobs will be in the works including rear seats cushions.

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments.

Phil 997 said:
honzy said:

lol those dogs are cute . did Linas do the seat retrim , reason I ask is that there are very limited guys who have the tooling to put a crest on the seats. I guess you have centre locks maybe a Fuch theme would work ok black centres and silver/chromed rims it would continue that retro theme . I understand visions and projects take time especially when the aftermarket speedster humps are 5/6k . but I really like the retro theme looks so cool on a cab. :thumb:

Keep us posted on progress as its an interesting and unusual concept. I dont think I have every seen the leather replaced for anything other than alcantara. but I do think we will start to see more as the retro theme is growing in popularity :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back