Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Caliper Bleed Screws - Recommendations Please

Jam911

I am going to replace my brake caliper bleed screws and am looking for recommendations please.

Stainless / titanium ?

Where to buy?

Also sizes and tips on doing the job.

Thanks

Stainless are fine, you don't really need the weight saving!?!?

I bought mine from Hel, a reputable make and only £15.94 for 8. I also bought rubber covers separately from China, not a good move, they haven't lasted well.

Take care when removing the old nipples, some of mine were almost seized. The outer ones were fine, the inner ones weren't. I soaked them for a day with Plus Gas and then used a T bar (not a spanner) to make sure that I didn't accidentally put a bending load on them.

Mike

maldren said:
Stainless are fine, you don't really need the weight saving!?!?

I bought mine from Hel, a reputable make and only £15.94 for 8. I also bought rubber covers separately from China, not a good move, they haven't lasted well.

Take care when removing the old nipples, some of mine were almost seized. The outer ones were fine, the inner ones weren't. I soaked them for a day with Plus Gas and then used a T bar (not a spanner) to make sure that I didn't accidentally put a bending load on them.

Mike

My local OPC wouldn't do a fluid change on my car at the last service because the nipples wouldn't budge, and they told me that if they stripped a thread then the only option was a new caliper. :eek:

Realistically, how much pressure can you put on a tight bleed nipple without causing damage?

Any other tips as I could do with getting mine sorted?

:thumb:

Hi Mike
Can you tell me which ones you got from Hel as there are a few types on the web site.
Thanks
James

Early into ownership I had this worry when two OPCs failed to get a nipple off, warning that if they tried harder it could snap off and cost me a caliper (£800).

Thanks to this forum I found a supplier (friendly and helpful) who could not only supply the correct stainless nipples (warning - found incorrect ones offered on eBay for my car), but if the nipple did snap, I could take it off and run it up to him and he would remove it and send me on my way to re-fit.

In the end my local trusted garage got the nipple out without a real struggle and I fitted stainless all round - result!

https://pro-calipers.co.uk/price-list/

Good luck

Jam911 said:
Hi Mike
Can you tell me which ones you got from Hel as there are a few types on the web site.
Thanks
James

The receipt says:
BNM10X100 HEL Stainless Steel Bleed nipple M10*1.00

Hope this helps. I wish I'd changed the hoses at the same time, their parts look good.

Mike

Thank you very much

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back