Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

IMS oil leak + oil cooler leak.

Durrr! Of course, didn't even think of that.. I'm going to replace the cam chain tensioners and the IMS one too.

made a tool for my 3.4, nowhere near as nice as Alex's - I used a grinder, not a CNC mill!

I made it in 2 parts and bolted them together:

915ZCAi.jpg

See dimensions here - he used a bent steel plate rather than alloy. Also bear in mind he has a boxster so the engine is backwards.
http://burnerscars.blogspot.com/2016/09/how-to-make-porsche-ims-camshaft.html

-------

77szymon - I did the IMS seal flip, see my thread linked below.

I'd be very tempted to just drop the engine if doing the oil cooler and AOS

See here for some great instructions: http://www.kellyanneporsche.com/enginedrop.htm

Thank you all for information,

Wasz - nice tool my plan is to do it same way next door I have aluminium manufacturer they do crazy stuff plenty of scrap metal around :lol:

deMort if they done it I think I can handle this job but I'm not planing to change it unless is somthing wrong with it my problem is to secure oil leak on flange and if bearing is ok only take off cover/seal as advised

I'm not happy to drop engine to change oil cooler but my engine look almost the same as from that clip 3:01 it is not as rusted on top but coolant is all over the place I will take a look tomorrow if we have enough space to take it out.

Ah i see the difference clear now,top info and advice again thanks chaps. I did think of knocking one up sometime but Alex's look a quality piece of kit. 8)

Just out of interest, this tool was the 1st thing that enabled me to survive in the initial stage of setting my business up. You guys don't know how much it means to my current success and I can only thank Porsche and their owners for it.

This is amazing Alex your Porsche not only give you so much pleasure but also some kick start in business :thumb:

alex yates said:
Just out of interest, this tool was the 1st thing that enabled me to survive in the initial stage of setting my business up. You guys don't know how much it means to my current success and I can only thank Porsche and their owners for it.

And on that note, I would like to purchase one of your upgraded short shifter kits for my 996.1 young man, if possible I shall pick it up at the Oulton Park RS day meetup and pay you in folding purple ones :thumb:

Have PMd you :grin:

:thumbs:

77szymon said:
deMort if they done it I think I can handle this job

Ill just say .. thats the very early tools used that can damage the new bearing .. you dont just hit it in with a hammer .. its pressed in .. there is a support plate that aligns and locates it these days .

Bear in mind the oil pump is the other end of this shaft .

Ive done very few of these and i hate doing them , it scares the hell out of me to be honest !

Anyways .. im just pointing out problems i see as always .. if your happy then its upto you :)

Thank you deMort I will keep in mind I will try to take off flange today and report later about bearing condition, but what I should ask and forgot about it where I can buy new flange that will fit my car?? or can I some how seal it? :?:

Forgot to say - Thank You Alex for tool dimensions, saved me time and ££

so... I did it flange is off and cover on bearing removed, bearing looks new to me or should I say "fresh", spinning without any friction, as you can see on pictures flange has been removed before so bearing could be new, I can't trace if oil was leaking on flange seal but for sure leak occurred on 3 bolts at least 2 of them my question is should I put all of these back together and use some anti seize silkon, new flange-bolts?

Attachments

• 2_727.jpg
    2_727.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 1,879
  • 1_208.jpg
    1_208.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 1,879
alfazagato said:
Alex, can I put my name down for a 3.6 cam-lock tool please.

Me too please....

Alex now you have no choice - Sunday overtime with lathe :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back