Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust tips interchangeable?

asterix_the_gaul

Are all 996 exhaust tips the same or is there a difference in model years? Fancy some of the later style faux quad tips for my 1999my instead of the tequipment ones I have

Drop me a pm please as I'd like your old ones if you're selling :)
Cheers Greg

Presumably all interchangeable as they fit to 996 back boxes (Top Gear/DANSK/Porsche/etc.) which are all the same fitments.

Edit: Didn't think about the line up with the bumper (on various models),

I had 996.2RS tips on my .1 for years. Assume they all fit any model.

baldguy said:
Drop me a pm please as I'd like your old ones if you're selling :)
Cheers Greg

Going to take a while to find a set and swop them over, I did notice a used set same as mine on eBay right now (no affiliation)

Checked on design 911, the faux quad tips seem to be for 2001 on, not compatible with earlier models, the connecting pipes look a bit longer in the pictures but previous comments would suggest they are compatable, I guess I'll have to find a used set to try out in case they won't fit..

I think I might have some if your still looking. Bought them for my C4S and was told by my indie that they wouldn't fit and that they were for an earlier Carrera.

Exhaust tips if anyone wants them.
I was told by my indie they are for an earlier 996 Carrera and wouldn't fit my C4S.
£100 plus delivery cost if anyone wants to take a take a chance on them fitting.

Attachments

• 8c9211c9_8247_4825_8ee1_251723702b76_840.jpeg
    8c9211c9_8247_4825_8ee1_251723702b76_840.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,860
Interested, are these oem or aftermarket jobs? Oem will have something stamped on the bottom like einsmann and are probably not going to fit, these seem to have short connection pipes so look like they might fit a 996.1?

I'll check whether oem or not tomorrow. Fairly sure they are aftermarket.
Bought them unused from a private seller on eBay two/three years ago, think I paid about £150. They wouldn't fit on my C4S and I was told they're for a 996.1. I cannot say 100% this is correct information but it is what my indie told me.

I'll check whether oem or not tomorrow. Fairly sure they are aftermarket.
Bought them unused from a private seller on eBay two/three years ago, think I paid about £150. They wouldn't fit on my C4S and I was told they're for a 996.1. I cannot say 100% this is correct information but it is what my indie told me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back