Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Track day for my son and I (UK).

michelin

I'm thinking of the above with a possible stay over for a few days.
I'm based in Liverpool but don't mind the drive if the track and surrounding area are worth it for a nice break.
Any help appreciated.
:thumb:

Goodwood later on in the year, a good day out and a great atmosphere.

Any other venues greatly received.

Oulton park.
Cadwell park.

Donnington :thumb:

There is a section on here with a lot of trackday info.

If it's your first time look at a trackday organiser with tuition etc just to learn the track if nothing else.

What car and are you a member of PCGB ? Their days are well organised if a little more expensive than others for the same track.

OP would this be your first TD?

Jon

It won't.
I have done The Nurburgring a good few times :lol:

michelin said:
I'm thinking of the above with a possible stay over for a few days.
I'm based in Liverpool but don't mind the drive if the track and surrounding area are worth it for a nice break.
Any help appreciated.

venues in your area
- Oulton Park
- Anglesey
- Donnington (slightly further away)

or head down to Silverstone for a modern F1 quality circuit

these are all good technical circuits

Thank you guys for all the input.
My son is 15 and I'm thinking of Donnington given the good runoffs just in case. Will he be able to ride shotgun?

Whilst it's not a Porsche organised day, I'm sure there could be space on the forthcoming BMW Car Club TD at Anglesey on 23.02 - there's normally a few non BMWs present & its not that far from you & would be a nice circuit for your son to be a passenger around. BMWCC days are well run & hence have limited stoppage times.

If you don`t mind crossing the border... Knockhill is an interesting track with loads of options, which you will see if you beam up their web site.

michelin said:
Thank you guys for all the input.
My son is 15 and I'm thinking of Donnington given the good runoffs just in case. Will he be able to ride shotgun?

Worth checking with the circuits operator as i'm not sure if the minimum age is typically 14 or 16

Circuit with the best run offs is Silverstone, since they are mostly tarmac

michelin said:
It won't.
I have done The Nurburgring a good few times :lol:

Good to know my vote would be Anglesey good run offs and a decent track which has relaxed noise monitoring. It also has some great Welsh roads to explore. Makes a really good weekend if you get the weather.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back