Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

X51 scavenge pump :?:

kurlykris said:
X51 scavenge pump :?:

:thumb:

So possibly an x51 engine, as it would be odd to fit just the pump given the work and cost involved. I will confirm next week when it is on an engine stand.

MC

Is the option not on the bonnet sticker or in the Maintenance Book :?:

kurlykris said:
Is the option not on the bonnet sticker or in the Maintenance Book :?:

The engine was changed 20k miles ago. It wasn't originally an x51 car.

MC

wasz said:
Either way, it is a result for your intended usage!

Yes, except I won't be keeping this engine in the car as I'm building a new one, and if it is a full x51 engine I won't want to pinch the pump off it.

MC

Winner, does your engine has an X51 part number?

I have just bought an X51 scavenge to fit to mine, cost is eye watering, however there is a potential issue with them.

Are you able to confirm the part number of yours? - It looks like an early original pump (000)

or

Take a look at this thread, google translate will help.

https://www.pff.de/index.php?thread/2767168-funktion-der-oelpumpe-im-zylinderkopf-996-3-4/&pageNo=2

I have had an OPC tech bench test mine and without fluid, it does run backwards, am going to ask Hartech to check with oil while the engine is out.

Would you be able to confirm if yours actually removes oil from the front of the head or blows as described in the link?
Code:

crash7 said:
Winner, does your engine has an X51 part number?

I have just bought an X51 scavenge to fit to mine, cost is eye watering, however there is a potential issue with them.

Are you able to confirm the part number of yours? - It looks like an early original pump (000)

or

Take a look at this thread, google translate will help.

https://www.pff.de/index.php?thread/2767168-funktion-der-oelpumpe-im-zylinderkopf-996-3-4/&pageNo=2

I have had an OPC tech bench test mine and without fluid, it does run backwards, am going to ask Hartech to check with oil while the engine is out.

Would you be able to confirm if yours actually removes oil from the front of the head or blows as described in the link?
Code:

How strange. I will investigate and report back

MC

I read that thread via Google translate last night- does seem that the 001's all ran backwards, if that thread is authoritative.

So the 001 would be perfect for a boxster where the issue would be on the other bank and the pump spins the opposite way?

MC

What's an used X51 engine worth?

I managed to sneak in to the office for a while and got the gearbox removed along with the flywheel. Looks like the IMS cover needs attention.

A couple of closeups of the x51 scavenge pump and return line.

I should have it on the engine stand on Monday so I can check the engine number.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back