Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

.......and change those brake lines :)

Just bought a similar car 2001 C4 as a project, last owner for 6 years and all work carried out at OPC... a VERY genuine car with inches of paperwork history... a total credit to the previous owner...

Sorry if I missed it Martin, but what engine mounts are you going for? Something OEM, RSS or other? :?: :thumbs:

This looks like some instrument of Rapture from a Mad Max movie :eek:

2019-02-06-18-37-59.jpg

New997buyer said:
Sorry if I missed it Martin, but what engine mounts are you going for? Something OEM, RSS or other? :?: :thumbs:

I run RSS mounts on my turbo, which I am very happy with. I have a few months to think that one over before the engine will be going back in though.

MC

Can you post a photo of the side of the gear box so we can see the mount in place please? All the other photos on the www seem to be taken when the box is in the car.

Thanks

MC

A question if I may.,

With the exception of the AOS and brake lines is there anything else there that is not accessible when the engine is in situ and and should be changed while its out as a preventative measure?

Coolant lines perhaps?

Ghianightmare said:
Can you post a photo of the side of the gear box so we can see the mount in place please? All the other photos on the www seem to be taken when the box is in the car.

Thanks

Is this what you mean?

MC

MisterCorn said:
Ghianightmare said:

Thanks

Is this what you mean?

MC

Yes MC - thanks

Alex - I wanted to see it in the frame to put it all in context. But thanks for your photo too.

:thumbs: No problem.

Oh, that is interesting :eek:

MC

MisterCorn said:
New997buyer said:

I run RSS mounts on my turbo, which I am very happy with. I have a few months to think that one over before the engine will be going back in though.

MC

:thumbs:

MisterCorn said:

MC

Ok - I give up - what can I not see. Is the engine mount frame thing cracked? Also, what is the writing on the casting?

Ghianightmare said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Ok - I give up - what can I not see. Is the engine mount frame thing cracked? Also, what is the writing on the casting?

I'll give you a clue, it relates to the scavenge pump.

MC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back