Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS - worth the premium?

Rhodris-dad said:
Lenny39 said:
I went through exactly the same thought process C4S or GTS. I ended up deciding on a C4S, I couldn't justify the extra £20K on a daily. If I spent the extra £20K I think I would always worry about the depreciation due to clocking up the miles, less concerned on a lower value car. I've had garage queens before and didn't want another.

When I looked the GTS seemed very spec sensitive. Some up for sale have been around for a long time.

Very valid point regarding the mileage...........

Doing 5k a year will maintain the premium but if you stick 10k a year on it, the residual value will certainly take a hit.

I'm not a mileage snob (no offence to anyone) but you have to face the reality of the British market....an extra 20k on the same age car can devalue the car by a significant amount and to some degree it's desirability.

There is a perception that a car with mileage 50k has got to be better than one with 70k.
Which I think is tosh really.

I have to agree with you.
A 50k car can be in a far worse condition then a 70k car if not looked after inside and out.
Personally I like to keep my milage down as I don't got out in bad weather and it is a nice weather car.
Just like to keep it spotless and that gives me some sort of pleasure for some reason.

If anyone is interested, just to close it off, after losing 2 GTS's due to service history issues and being gazumped on a third at a main dealer, I picked up my shiny 997.2 turbo this morning 👍

It's fantastic!

996Jane said:
If anyone is interested, just to close it off, after losing 2 GTS's due to service history issues and being gazumped on a third at a main dealer, I picked up my shiny 997.2 turbo this morning 👍

It's fantastic!

We're all interested but ..........

:useless:

:thumbs:

Oops, sorry - one from pick up - due to the horrid weather, it doesn't look that clean anymore ☔️

Attachments

• fd5425e3_67d2_4d55_9013_b8b215b81b7f_549.jpeg
    fd5425e3_67d2_4d55_9013_b8b215b81b7f_549.jpeg
    738.8 KB · Views: 1,602
996Jane said:

It's fantastic!

Sorry to hear that the GTS venture didn't work out for you, no doubt that you are happy with the decision that you finally made and that due dilligence won the day. Congrats on your new acquisition, and now of course we need to see pics of your Turbo. :thumbs:

Those alloys are fantastic.

Very nice, congrats!

:bow: outstanding. Congrats on a lovely car

pzero said:
FZP said:

Definitely a 'Strine car. :grin:
I has to Google Strine......never heard the term. Had to click the🔈button to understand.
Then I hear it Strayan. Now I'm on it 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Thankfully all the cars drive the right way up in Aus :grin:

FZP said:
pzero said:
FZP said:

Definitely a 'Strine car. :grin:
I has to Google Strine......never heard the term. Had to click the🔈button to understand.
Then I hear it Strayan. Now I'm on it 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Thankfully all the cars drive the right way up in Aus :grin:

:thumb:

:wack: to self for getting it slightly wrong.

A great move. Enjoy it :thumb:

Congratulations on new car, looks stunning in that colour :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back