Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re: Knocking sound on uneven road

peter y.s pang

Trainee
Re: Knocking sound on uneven road

Hi, My 993 rear end with knocking sound when running on uneven road. But it don't have any sound when running smooth road and on highway. Checked all heat protection plate all in good condition and fitting tight. The exhaust system all fitting tight. I did renew all control arm 1 year ago.

My question is, Will the knocking sound from the CV axel ? It already over 20 years. Even the rubber dust bellow look ok, Will inside the grease dry up ? Any method to check the CV axel.

Thanks for any input for me to trace such knocking sound.

Peter

Could be from any suspension component. Commonest is the arb drop link, followed by the lower wishbone monoball.
I had a knock from a loose adjuster bolt on one of the control arms which had not been torqued up. Wheels off and go round with a pry bar, check for split bushes and tightness of mounting bolts.

Depending on where you live, this is a good reason to pay a visit to Center Gravity. They found a few issues on my 993

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back