Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How does Alex celebrate his 15,000th post!

Alex

Nordschleife
Went out to the boozer tonight with my mate for a couple of scoops. Walking out the pub I notice a puddle under the rear of the car. Get down on all fours with my torch on and notice it's weeping from where the main hose goes onto the bottom of the engine. So I take it easy back home (only a couple of miles). I can hear a funny noise at the rear so drop my window a tad to listen and the regulator breaks :damn:

Get home, park up on the drive, get out to have another gander and the water pump is p***ing coolant out. Looks like my water pump is ****ed!! as well as my regulator.

Oh the joy!!!!!!

:floor: :floor: :duh: :sad: :sad:

On the upside, I was due a coolant change :grin:

Congratulations doesn't seem the correct sentiment under the circumstances!! :thumb:

Well I think it's the original pump, so has lasted 15,000 posts.......and some :grin:

Oh bummer Alex :sad:

I changed the Waterpump on my Boxster a few months back, not a difficult job, but a pain in the ass to access as the engine is backwards and you have to faff around with the roof to get access to it and remove half of the interior to do it, should be a doddle for you on your 996.1 :thumb:

Get the rear end as high as possible when you do it, it makes filling the coolant/burping a much simpler process :grin:

You can easily do this yourself, my new pump was £140.

I'm off work tomorrow due to the Lecky board doing work on the business park I'm on. Would've had a go but rain cancels play. Might just rock up at my mechanics and wave a monkey under his nose and say "mend my headache".

No doubt my batteries will pack up on my old Bridgeport CNC and I'll lose the memory when the powers off - they say it comes in threes.

New997buyer said:
With a :viking: of course :thumbs:

:grin: Cheers Paul.

Optimistic as ever, I'll hatch a plan in the morning. Normal service will soon be resumed :)

On the upside, my Dad is 79 tomorrow and I've give him the day off (nothing to do with having no lecky) as he's been helping me out at work.

:)

Congrats-ish Alex... hopefully the third is more like a wiper blade breaking...

15,000 posts in 5 years! Are you sure you ever go to work?! :lol:

Yes. I went in this morning on my Vespa, got soaked to the skin and swept up. Managed to get my car into my merchanic for the following work on Monday:

New water pump
New belt
New window regulator
new rear toe arms

He was due to service my lads car but I pulled rank and got mine in.......My son't not too happy with me now but you know what they say - tuff sh*t!

Congrats mate, Still convinced it was you who crashed the forum today to stop me getting to close :grin: :grin: :grin:

:puh:

Have a good one :congrats: at least it's only the pump. Getting back from the pub on the Vespa could be a challenge. In my youth I was a lamberetta driver(still miss it ) :D not sure the wife would be interested though.
Hope car returned ASAP

Shame about the car but 15,000 posts is very impressive.
Hats off to you!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back