Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne Diesel S Buying Advice

GMG said:
...why on earth buy a stinker given budget and miles driven ? Literally makes no sense?

Petrol or Hybrid is surely the way to go these days?

Forgive my ignorance, why does it 'literally make no sense"?

I was concerned about running costs of the petrol @ roughly 13mpg, it's 2 years older and done 9,000 more miles than the Diesel S.

All advice appreciated.

18-way are sports seats a different pattern to 14-way and are the best you can get :thumb:

I hankered after 18-way seats but didn't want to compromise on other extras to get them so settled on 14-way. They good, very good but 18s are next level

ETA:

18-way:
sidebolster_2__a1813ec2a93aabca876eb5dd97cb54d88917ebf3.jpg

14-way:
sidebolster2_2__0caf4b85a91c989dec1c6688e8d8ab81cce9e8d9.jpg

Blakeyjersey said:
GMG said:
...why on earth buy a stinker given budget and miles driven ? Literally makes no sense?

Petrol or Hybrid is surely the way to go these days?

Forgive my ignorance, why does it 'literally make no sense"?

I was concerned about running costs of the petrol @ roughly 13mpg, it's 2 years older and done 9,000 more miles than the Diesel S.

All advice appreciated.

GMG, what you need to understand is that a Hybrid only works effectively in city and mixed stop-start driving conditions.

Out on the road, the petrol engine is then just handicapped by the extra 1/4 tonne of battery weight to lug around, which is why real world e-Hybrid mpg are no better than the diesel cars

Blakeyjersey said:
Air suspension system with self-level ride height
Bi-xenon lights
Memory seats
Multi-zone air conditioning
Panoramic roof
Privacy glass

There are the key optional extras :thumb:

Blakeyjersey said:
segart said:
You may well be right on that. Diesel is rapidly becoming like automotive leprosy. I have seen the gts at Beaumont. Yes it is in 'Look at Me' red, but it looks very neat, and they do get some very nice cars, many ex uk incidentally.
Did you manage to do a good deal on the c4s? Not blue by chance and advertised on JI at 20k from memory about a year or so ago?

Yup it was the blue one, think I had it on Insight for £24k, it needed a few bits doing to it (mainly cosmetic). A garage advertised that they were on the look out for 911's so contacted them and they gave me a good price. Then about a month after the sale they got sh!tty with me, throwing all sorts of accusations at me and being really aggressive. Stood my ground though and apparently they ended up selling it to the UK at a loss to them.
I remember seeing the advert. I sold my 03 c4s to an enthusiastic private chap who advertised for one locally. It only made 20k, but that was 4k more than it cost me and not too bad for a non vat paid car. And whilst there is a bit of hype around c4s values i am not sure how many are making the asking price.

...diesel is a filthy pollutant; a fuel that we were duped into subscribing to; the engines are noisy,complex and require a urine clogged filter to manage the shite puffed out the back...

& frankly I simply don't understand why anyone buying a car with such a value is concerned with mpg ?!

GMG said:
...diesel is a filthy pollutant; a fuel that we were duped into subscribing to; the engines are noisy,complex and require a urine clogged filter to manage the shite puffed out the back...

& frankly I simply don't understand why anyone buying a car with such a value is concerned with mpg ?!

Thanks for your input, if i do buy it then i will make sure you are the first to know and look forward to you judging me accordingly.

segart said:
I remember seeing the advert. I sold my 03 c4s to an enthusiastic private chap who advertised for one locally. It only made 20k, but that was 4k more than it cost me and not too bad for a non vat paid car. And whilst there is a bit of hype around c4s values i am not sure how many are making the asking price.

That's not bad going, garage gave me £21k which i was pleased with, it was an '02 with about 70k on clock.

Trying to get my head round service intervals/oil change.

From what i can tell service should happen every two years but oil is meant to be changed annually, is that correct?

Is there a section in service book which will show whether the oil changes have been done annually?

The GTS i'm also going to have a look at is a 2012 and has been serviced in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2107.

Should i be concerned it's missed the 2016 and 2018 oil change or could they have been done but just not recorded as a service?

I hope that makes some sort of sense !!

service is every two years. The book will say the limits but details of servicing (last and next due etc) are contained in the 'Service' info on the digital display.

Your lucky you're not talking F gen Mini as they don't have a service book. It's all in the car computer :roll:

Zingari said:
service is every two years. The book will say the limits but details of servicing (last and next due etc) are contained in the 'Service' info on the digital display.

Your lucky you're not talking F gen Mini as they don't have a service book. It's all in the car computer :roll:

Thanks so as long as it's been serviced at least every 2 years that's the important thing and i shouldn't be too concerned about the annual oil change?

Don't think the GTS is specced quite as well as the Diesel S but will see what sort of a feel i get for them.

Can i just reiterate .. you Will get DPF problems and possibly as low as 300-500 miles and need a tester to do a forced regen , whilst im a big fan of the Cayenne i think the diesel will give you problems with the milage you will be doing .

Petrol imho .

deMort said:
Can i just reiterate .. you Will get DPF problems and possibly as low as 300-500 miles and need a tester to do a forced regen , whilst im a big fan of the Cayenne i think the diesel will give you problems with the milage you will be doing .

Petrol imho .

Thanks for posting, I'm not doubting you in the slightest as i've seen a lot of your posts and you clearly know what you're talking about.
I just don't understand how people over here are able to have modern diesels as it is simply impossible to run at 40mph+ for 15 minutes here.

It is a complete mystery. As Blakey says you cannot go 50 yards without seeing a bunch of modern rr, porsche, toyota, jaguar diesels. How do they manage? But with all the issues and costs associated with diesels, Ian (demort) has a point. Blakey if you would like another pair of eyes on the possible purchase give me a shout. Happy to kick the tyres with you!
Cheers
Rick

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back