Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen washer pipework

VIB12

:?:
Hi,
New porsche owner here and have unfortunately encountered a problem with the windscreen washer pipework breaking at the hinge from the bonnet to the wing hence screen wash spraying out sidewards between the wing and bonnet!
Car is a 991 cabrio, any ideas if this is a common fault and can be easily fixed or do i have to return the car to Porsche to get ripped!
Thanks in advance and apologies if this is already a thread but i am unable to locate it!

Common to a degree , ive seen mice chew through it and some just break .

Its kinda fiddly from what i remember the last time i did one .. you have to get the top part from Porsche but there is a join a bit down under the panels in that corner .. thats the hard bit , getting the old out and the new one in .

Its not been mentioned before in the 991 section that im aware of .

EDIT ..

If your not happy doing it then get a local Indy to replace it for you , hell of a lot cheaper than an OPC .

Thanks DeMort for the advice, i will get on to Porsche and also look for an indy in Kent, Any ideas???

VIB12 said:
...... and also look for an indy in Kent, Any ideas???

I can recommend 'Project 9' in Marden.

I had mine replaced under warranty by the OPC, did it whilst i waited, hardly took a moment to be replaced so i can't imagine its an expensive repair... 30 mins tops!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back