Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Resonator block-off

MattyR

Imola
Is there anyway to block off the resonator connected to the main air intake hose; thus producing a fruitier note to an otherwise standard 997.2 Carrera?

Is there a silicone cap one can obtain which allows the original hose to be re-attached so all appears standard?

Cheers!

MattyR said:
Is there anyway to block off the resonator connected to the main air intake hose; thus producing a fruitier note to an otherwise standard 997.2 Carrera?

Is there a silicone cap one can obtain which allows the original hose to be re-attached so all appears standard?

Cheers!

Does yours definitely have a resonator? My 2010 C2 air box doesn't have one at all as I was hoping to take a vacuum feed from it but the design of my air box is different to a C2S it seems.

Cut the top off shampoo bottle, fitted under the connector, works a treat! £0 :D ... on a Gen1

You need to make a sketch of what you want then get someone like me to turn you one up out of aluminium.

:popcorn:

Matty, the gen2 does have a resonator and unlike the GTS that has 6 modes in the resonator the S only has 1 mode , it is integrated unlike the gen1 resonator . this I think is the reason there is no mod fix for it.
I have read numerous reports of guys changing the openings on the bottom of the gen2 airbox and adding white mesh , has yours got no mesh or black mesh if so it seems changing it to the white mesh type will give a sound upgrade. I haven't done this mod so can only say what I have read. Personally I started with BMC sports filters which gave a small sound gain then fitted a fabspeed carbon twin code performance induction , this made a considerable induction note gain.

Personally and not knowing what you have or haven't done to get a better noice from the car , but start with BMC sports filters circa £150 then fit a rear muffler bypass circa £300 then if you still not exited by the sound of your gen2 then options are gundo hack the rear boxes circa £300 or fit an aftermarket sports exhaust anything from £800 to £5k .

If you decide to do the same as me and go for the fabspeed twin cone you will need a remap as the parameters are to big for the car to relearn the values. :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2610_112.jpg
    img_2610_112.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 995
Thanks gentlemen, outstanding as always. Phil, nice response, thank you.

It would seem that the gen 2 is an integrated resonator (more Googling!). Alas, I was hoping for a quick fix like the gen 1 and my old 993.

My car is totally standard, which seems daft. It's my daily right now and I've done about 5k miles so just working out what direction I want to take things. There's some truly inspiring threads on this forum.

:thumb:

I'll gladly pay for one made from you Alex - 996 C4 2001
Let me know fella...

Phil 997 said:
the gen2 does have a resonator

Mine doesn't (3.6). :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back