Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1995 993 Carrera Buying Advice

mikeknivett said:
If anyone knows of any good cars, manual, RHD, Soper yellow or giards red or midnight blue ideally then point them my way!

I sent you PM.. I have Midnight Blue RS rep

cableguy said:
...Not enough 993 hot rods IMO...

God luck with your project whether 964 or 993.

Well said!

Marky911 said:
Not wanting to insult a whole bunch of owners but this obsession with not tinkering or making the car your own is totally at odds with my ownership approach. I don't do irreversible mods, but I do like better suspension and aero parts.
This seems very particular to the 993 crowd. Look at 964 owners, by way of comparison. Quite a heavy modding scene. Refreshing to hear your attitude and look forward to following your plans, if you pick one up!

Marky911 said:
Somewhat stupidly maybe, but the pace of this forum even puts me off ownership. The 996 forum is faster moving with far more interesting cars and projects going on.
Rennlist seems more active, check that out? Also at last summer's Luftgekühlt event at Bicester Heritage, I was recommended Instagram when the topic of this 'slow moving' forum came up. There is a lot of daily activity on that for all things #993, projects included :). It persuaded me to sign up...

Chris993C2 said:
Oh, and don't even think of asking about this one:

https://www.numberoneprestige.com/detail/162831/used-porsche-911-tip-s-manchester

Yes folks, ten years on and it's still for sale... :floor:

The wooden gearknob let's it down.

Chris993C2 said:
mikeknivett said:
Guards red
Red? Why didn't you say? :grin:

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/884/993C2CoupeManual/

Sponge's old car and if you're going to keep it 16yrs I'd invest in one with AC unless you can definitely live without and negotiate the price down. Remember Sponge had a reason for selling the car back within a matter of days. The car was/is a very fine example but the trip down memory lane coming out of a 997 gave the impression of driving a Massey Ferguson :hand:

Having mulled this over with some navel gazing this morning in lieu of Mrs Z telling me to clean the windows :roll: the Hexagon dilemma :?:

The irony is if that Hexagon car was an all original car with such low mileage and good history in all likelihood I 'could' see someone buying it for near asking. True the'd probably be smoking a bong but previous owner having 'messed about with it' for their taste has excluded the majority and wiped off a hefy premium :what: :hand:

Marky911 said:
A very interesting thread to me at the moment as I'm currently considering a 993. In talk at the moment about it. Yes it's fiddled with.

I too, much prefer the RS reps. I couldn't live with a vanilla one.
This thread (as well as a quick eBay search of parts prices) is putting me off though.

Not wanting to insult a whole bunch of owners but this obsession with not tinkering or making the car your own is totally at odds with my ownership approach. I don't do irreversible mods, but I do like better suspension and aero parts.

To be honest I've always said the 993 is the most overrated Porsche ever, as I get sick of the internet fanboying and 'last of the air-cooled" garbage, however I want a RWD, manual, coupe, air-cooled 911 and my choice is limited to 964 or 993.

I'll do what I always do and buy what I like, not what I think the next owner will like.
20 years time there'll be no petrol (well affordable to the average joe) or these cars will be taxed off the road. I'm gonna enjoy what I want to drive until then.

Somewhat stupidly maybe, but the pace of this forum even puts me off ownership. The 996 forum is faster moving with far more interesting cars and projects going on.

Some soul searching required by me this week. :chin:

Its hard to talk about a car that stuck in the garage for 364 days of the year :grin:

ps it might be overrated but thats subjective, 99% of cars on the road now are better at getting from a to b but I know which I would rather own even if its just to look at it :hand: if you want a car that feels old school and yet is as reliable as they come there is nothing better, you can keep your old ferrari's and other exotics :hand: ....... mine can sit there for 11 months and trundle off without complaint for its annual service and back no problem :grin:

Interesting thread I have learned a lot from it as I do from this group on all matters Porsche. I was primarily looking at 997`s for a while and in the process saw the 997 4S in an Edinburgh breakers that appeared to have no panel damage, there was vid of the engine running, so wondered why it had an order on it to be scrapped and never returned to the road.. From the vid It looked like the interior or parts thereof were missing. On seeking further education from a friend, he suggested that all flood damaged cars these days are written off automatically (?) I wondered why, thinking it might be down to safety equipment issues, but my friend said that the reason was possible sewerage contamination and that eradicating such contamination was not guaranteed perhaps exposing the company to future liabilities resulting from infection.... ? True or fake news.. anyone.. :?:

Luddite said:
Interesting thread I have learned a lot from it as I do from this group on all matters Porsche. I was primarily looking at 997`s for a while and in the process saw the 997 4S in an Edinburgh breakers that appeared to have no panel damage, there was vid of the engine running, so wondered why it had an order on it to be scrapped and never returned to the road.. From the vid It looked like the interior or parts thereof were missing. On seeking further education from a friend, he suggested that all flood damaged cars these days are written off automatically (?) I wondered why, thinking it might be down to safety equipment issues, but my friend said that the reason was possible sewerage contamination and that eradicating such contamination was not guaranteed perhaps exposing the company to future liabilities resulting from infection.... ? True or fake news.. anyone.. :?:
I came across a rare 3.2 (one of only 12 made) at Douglas Valley which was the same, no carpets, history of flood damage. Looked perfect to me. Same story.

Zingari said:
Chris993C2 said:
Oh, and don't even think of asking about this one:

https://www.numberoneprestige.com/detail/162831/used-porsche-911-tip-s-manchester

Yes folks, ten years on and it's still for sale... :floor:

The wooden gearknob let's it down.

Chris993C2 said:
mikeknivett said:
Guards red
Red? Why didn't you say? :grin:

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/884/993C2CoupeManual/

Sponge's old car and if you're going to keep it 16yrs I'd invest in one with AC unless you can definitely live without and negotiate the price down. Remember Sponge had a reason for selling the car back within a matter of days. The car was/is a very fine example but the trip down memory lane coming out of a 997 gave the impression of driving a Massey Ferguson :hand:

Having mulled this over with some navel gazing this morning in lieu of Mrs Z telling me to clean the windows :roll: the Hexagon dilemma :?:

The irony is if that Hexagon car was an all original car with such low mileage and good history in all likelihood I 'could' see someone buying it for near asking. True the'd probably be smoking a bong but previous owner having 'messed about with it' for their taste has excluded the majority and wiped off a hefy premium :what: :hand:

Zingari I've been pondering this all day. I really do personally love the look of the yellow RS but talk of engine rebuilds etc is worrying.

Taking into accounts everyone's comments what about this 2S with sports seats and Aircon and non modified??

https://www.cameronsportscars.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U711/

mikeknivett said:
Taking into accounts everyone's comments what about this 2S with sports seats and Aircon and non modified??

Personally, I dont like the wide body, the colour or the interior colour.. but if you do thats great. Cameron is good place, I got my GT3 from them

rs look a like

The Cameron car looks nice but to for me it would have to be the Hexagon car. It looks stunning in Yellow with the RS kit. For a low mileage example I know it's a fair old wedge but I would be thinking I would lose more on a 992 but this is much cooler.
Border Rievers also have a yellow rs lookalike in stock which I think was £75k the last time I looked. None of the rs look cars seem to sell very quick at Dealers. The silver car at RPR626 must have been on sale for around 4 years!

Both the Hex and Borders cars still have headlight washers.. they should be welded up 8)

Ok the Borders car looks stunning as well.

Link here for ref.

http://borderreivers.co/portfolio/porsche-scotland-993rs/

What however based on people's comments about mods has this done to the value of this car?

There's loads more mods but seems to suggest FSH and sports seats and from the advert proper Speedline wheels so they will all help but has this been chopped around too much and with the actual RS badging is it trying too hard to be something it's not?

If I was selling the Borders car I would have put better seats and better tyers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back