Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jet wash - West London

james911996

Hi,

I live in Notting Hill and can't seem to find a place within reasonable driving distance where I can wash my own car.

Any petrol station that has jet wash facilities and a little space?

Thanks for any advice!

cheers
james

There is one on York Rd Battersea, just over Wandsworth Bridge. Too far?

Silly maybes - - -Do it proper like and buy yourself a jet washer ?

^^^^^

Bought a decent one a while back and I'd rather the car was dirty than pay someone £20 to do a bad job.

Can't beat a good snow foam!! :)

I suspect that living in Notting Hill Gate the car lives on the street and he has no kerb-side facilities. I am sure that he will tell all.

Liquid Car Care in Knightsbridge do a good job, safely.

FRP said:
Silly maybes - - -Do it proper like and buy yourself a jet washer ?

Hi FRP. As Alfazagato has guessed i'm In Notting Hill with street parking and no water tap access. I do have a 'portable surf shower" which is a 20 litre water sac with a little (very) low pressure hose but sometimes need some proper water pressure in particular in the winter for a good wash.

@magic919 thanks for the recommendation, will try them out.

Thought that might be the case. After the 4th March you are welcome to use my Karcher.....also in Wandsworth.

Stuart

I take my own sponges and mitts etc, but use the jet wash at Shell in Acton Vale (W3 7RS).

Dot99 said:
I take my own sponges and mitts etc, but use the jet wash at Shell in Acton Vale (W3 7RS).

That looks ideal, quite close actually, thanks Dot99!
I also intend to bring my stuff - do you typically have a queue build up behind you or is it not too busy?

Roro said:
Get yourself one of these

Worx Hydroshot portable jet washer

I don't have one but it's on my list - even though I have loads of space and a corded jet wash, i think that will really speed up car wash times, no need to mess with power cables, hose connections etc

That looks quite cool but would still need a very large bucket to feed it unfortunately.

alfazagato said:
Thought that might be the case. After the 4th March you are welcome to use my Karcher.....also in Wandsworth.

I appreciate the offer Stuart, very elegant of you. Looks like Dot99 has pointed me to the right place so won't need to bother you!

Thank you everyone for your help!

Once we eventually leave(if) ill be setting up a car wash in Richmond but cheapest will be an outside wash, including wheels but no tyre dressing for £65.

Full monty will be £100(no smelly though, thats going to be £20 as imported). ;)

You're kind of out of luck in that area, the Sainsburys up Ladbroke Grove has one but it's never working. There is a few at the bp Hammersmith flyover. One at the bp Turnham Green. Other than that you're looking at drive in wash places, the one behind Ladbroke Grove tube station is pretty good, under the arches. Stay away from that over priced place on Edgware Rd...

:thumb:

Roro said:
Get yourself one of these

Worx Hydroshot portable jet washer

I don't have one but it's on my list - even though I have loads of space and a corded jet wash, i think that will really speed up car wash times, no need to mess with power cables, hose connections etc

They are OK, nothing like the power of a proper jet washer, which I had, but never used due to the hassle.

I have certainly used it more than I did the other one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back