Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1995 993 Carrera Buying Advice

mikeknivett said:
Thanks Zingari. That's really helpful and some great pointers.

I'll query as much as possible with them as well as looking at some higher mileage examples.

Out of interest did you see the LHD RS Homage one that's up for £99k and to my mind is very similar? Based on what you've said here is that just utterly insane pricing or am I missing something that sets it apart?

Thanks again for the detailed post.

The Colini stick is available for hire I believe to all interested parties :dont know:

Even without the Colini the interior looks worn with the all important hardbacks missing, interesting the add rambles on with garbage about the 993 series that we don't need to know, instead of addressing what we do, ie early model with the sports seats, non VR, non original add ons (making the car something it's not) and then the normal crazy Hexy price.

Stunning colour though, and the miles are a big plus, take with a pinch of salt though as the all important 'full and detailed service history with all receipts etc statement is missing.

Speed yellow :worship: :worship:

spongebob squarepants said:
The Colini stick is available for hire I believe to all interested parties :dont know:

It's currently out on loan to Jonttt :?

Thanks for all the replies.

Still in the dark about the Colini stick! Google just shows me other posts Zingari has made mentioning it!

For me the two rear seats are a bonus.

I love speed yellow and personally I think the RS bits look amazing whereas the GT2 replica looks like the crazy race car with full aero I just sold and very OTT for the road.

My plan would be to keep for good or at least 16 years or so may move abroad again so potentially I'm thinking value over long term should sort itself?

I have to agree with pretty much everything that Zingari said above...

Personally I can't see the intrinsic value in the Hexagon car, and in my mind the interior wear does not sit well with the quoted mileage. As something of a Speed Yellow 993 market watcher, I believe that it was first advertised back in November '17 (although the advert suggests that it may have been sold and come back to them since then).

Apart from Varioram, other desirable (rightly or wrongly) 993 options are hardback seats and hollowspoke "Technology" wheels - of which the Hexagon car has neither.

Another thing to consider with all imported cars (including from NI) is that HPI checks are of limited use, as write-off categories can dissappear when exporting/importing. I'm absolutely not suggesting that this is the case here, but you should be aware of HPI's limitations.

Good luck with your search :thumb:

Reads like you have a vision in mind.

Buy a good, clean unmolested car in the right colour and personalise. There's a huge parts network for these cars so RS/Aero Kits, Wheels, Seats, Suspension etc. can all be added for the desired look and feel.

£40-45k should be a solid, well looked after car.

C.

Mr Z speaks sense . . .
Whichever way you look at it, if you're going to keep (and use) the new purchase for 16 years, don't bother with a low mileage car as you'll be driving the 'value' away.
100k plus cars will be fine unless your looking for a car to put on an onyx plinth.
I'd be terrified of a low mileage car: all rubbers will be perished, the suspension will be original and likely to be shot, engine electrics (including sensors) will be cracked and chassis legs and scuttle may well require extensive (and expensive) work.
There are a number of high mileage 993s with current owners who have spent a shed load on getting them 'sorted', who are never going to get their dough back (me included, even though I paid less than £23k originally for my car, it'll never be sold by me). Take a look at the invoices paid by previous owners first before setting your eyes anywhere near the car!
These well oiled high milers should be ready to pour many more guilt free miles on, although you'll still need the Colini stick for the DIY brigade.
Why not put in a wanted ad to see if anyone bites . . .
Just my ramblings . . . .
:bandit:

jhrfc said:
To me looks nice , some may put off by non orig wheels and RS spoiler.
79 seems steep even with the low mileage
The main thought I have is, you must have had some cahunas to drive that around Belfast in '94!

Perhaps it was a lack of cahunes which resulted in the low mileage? :lol:

Ok good stuff. I'll take all the comments onboard. I've learnt some very valuable tips here so thank you guys.

I will put together a wanted Ad and see what comes of it.

I'll see what Hexagon say re flexibility wise on price and if we can get down to something sensible then I'll undertake a really detailed inspection noting all the the comments made here on co fiction of various parts.

If anyone knows of any good cars, manual, RHD, Soper yellow or giards red or midnight blue ideally then point them my way!

Thanks again.

A very interesting thread to me at the moment as I'm currently considering a 993. In talk at the moment about it. Yes it's fiddled with.

I too, much prefer the RS reps. I couldn't live with a vanilla one.
This thread (as well as a quick eBay search of parts prices) is putting me off though.

Not wanting to insult a whole bunch of owners but this obsession with not tinkering or making the car your own is totally at odds with my ownership approach. I don't do irreversible mods, but I do like better suspension and aero parts.

To be honest I've always said the 993 is the most overrated Porsche ever, as I get sick of the internet fanboying and 'last of the air-cooled" garbage, however I want a RWD, manual, coupe, air-cooled 911 and my choice is limited to 964 or 993.

I'll do what I always do and buy what I like, not what I think the next owner will like.
20 years time there'll be no petrol (well affordable to the average joe) or these cars will be taxed off the road. I'm gonna enjoy what I want to drive until then.

Somewhat stupidly maybe, but the pace of this forum even puts me off ownership. The 996 forum is faster moving with far more interesting cars and projects going on.

Some soul searching required by me this week. :chin:

Marky911 said:
A very interesting thread to me at the moment as I'm currently considering a 993. In talk at the moment about it. Yes it's fiddled with.

I too, much prefer the RS reps. I couldn't live with a vanilla one.
This thread (as well as a quick eBay search of parts prices) is putting me off though.

Not wanting to insult a whole bunch of owners but this obsession with not tinkering or making the car your own is totally at odds with my ownership approach. I don't do irreversible mods, but I do like better suspension and aero parts.

To be honest I've always said the 993 is the most overrated Porsche ever, as I get sick of the internet fanboying and 'last of the air-cooled" garbage, however I want a RWD, manual, coupe, air-cooled 911 and my choice is limited to 964 or 993.

I'll do what I always do and buy what I like, not what I think the next owner will like.
20 years time there'll be no petrol (well affordable to the average joe) or these cars will be taxed off the road. I'm gonna enjoy what I want to drive until then.

Somewhat stupidly maybe, but the pace of this forum even puts me off ownership. The 996 forum is faster moving with far more interesting cars and projects going on.

Some soul searching required by me this week. :chin:

The one advertised on here for 36k would seem a good buy if future values are not a concern, especially if you want to mod it? It's very cheap in the current market imo.

Marky911 said:

That might be something to do with significantly lower prices and many more 996's produced/available. ;)

I've never been a "leave it as standard" owner and if i'm honest, not a fan of the RS lookalikes, however each to their own.
Not enough 993 hot rods IMO but values seem to attract a more mature crowd.

God luck with your project whether 964 or 993.

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back