Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Difference's, X74 -30mm suspension and standard ride height

If anyone would like some then I can knock them a set up, not a problem. Just let me know.

I'm sure the suspension setup is different I.e. the numbers so I wonder if the parts are the same or would that make the wheels not point in as much?

chriscoates81 said:
I'm sure the suspension setup is different I.e. the numbers so I wonder if the parts are the same or would that make the wheels not point in as much?

With the car as low as it is, -30mm, I run out of adjustment and as others have explained to me you need more on the toe arm to push out to get the desired amount on the eccentric bolt at the coffin arm. I was wondering how the factory X74 was able to be adjusted correctly if it didn't use different coffin or toe arms, I wonder what is included in an X74 kit if bought from OPC?

Ahh I see and the catalog is normally pretty good with regards to listing parts for different options. Just had a quick look at the turbo catalog and it only differentiates between turbo and gt2 parts (the turbo has an x74/3 option) I read a while ago possibly on here that someone had fitted some meyle track control arms and they weren't quite the same dimensions as the tee/Porsche ones. What make are yours?

chriscoates81 said:
I read a while ago possibly on here that someone had fitted some meyle track control arms and they weren't quite the same dimensions as the tee/Porsche ones. What make are yours?

I think that was Alex? My originals toe arms were genuine Porsche so I can't see an issue with length.

Anyway today I eventually fitted the fully adjustable Toe arms I made up whilst the car was in the air having new wheels fitted (see what did you buy your 996 thread) and it will be in for Geo in the morning so I'll see how they get on, hopefully they can adjust to X74 as I previously wanted.

They do look nice but I'm sure they'll look like the rest of the underside of the car in no time at all.

infrasilver said:
chriscoates81 said:
I read a while ago possibly on here that someone had fitted some meyle track control arms and they weren't quite the same dimensions as the tee/Porsche ones. What make are yours?

I think that was Alex? My originals toe arms were genuine Porsche so I can't see an issue with length.

Anyway today I eventually fitted the fully adjustable Toe arms I made up whilst the car was in the air having new wheels fitted (see what did you buy your 996 thread) and it will be in for Geo in the morning so I'll see how they get on, hopefully they can adjust to X74 as I previously wanted.

They do look nice but I'm sure they'll look like the rest of the underside of the car in no time at all.

Get some made up from stainless or titanium then they'll look good for ever :D .

All sorted at last, got my Geo set today to X74 and not too expensive for what are essentially Motorsport parts but made up with sourced parts.

My Geo guy was quite impressed with the toe arms and said it was really easy to get the set up correct with them.

Yes it was me with the different length coffin arms...........but I don't know what make the one I took off was. They could have both been the same make for all I know :dont know:

Great work Chris!! :thumbs:

I'm glad all the dimensions, etc. came in and the setting required was achieved.

Can I ask what this came to in the end?
I've a few lines up at around £230. Is it worth the hassle?

Alex do you have any more of these?

NedHan79 said:
Can I ask what this came to in the end?
I've a few lines up at around £230. Is it worth the hassle?

I think I have mentioned it elsewhere but unsure where and I can't remember exactly but I think £150 for all the parts to build these arms then I sold my old toe arms for around £50?

infrasilver said:
chriscoates81 said:

With the car as low as it is, -30mm, I run out of adjustment and as others have explained to me you need more on the toe arm to push out to get the desired amount on the eccentric bolt at the coffin arm. I was wondering how the factory X74 was able to be adjusted correctly if it didn't use different coffin or toe arms, I wonder what is included in an X74 kit if bought from OPC?

I believe the answer is that X74 is -30mm or less and aftermarket -30mm springs are more like -40 or 45mm so it's why you run out of toe.

Pictures of X74 cars look like about -20 or 25mm off standard, aftermarket spring equipped cars look more like gt3 heights, significantly lower than the X74 cars

asterix_the_gaul said:
infrasilver said:
chriscoates81 said:

I believe the answer is that X74 is -30mm or less and aftermarket -30mm springs are more like -40 or 45mm so it's why you run out of toe.

Pictures of X74 cars look like about -20 or 25mm off standard, aftermarket spring equipped cars look more like gt3 heights, significantly lower than the X74 cars

It's an old thread when I was first trying to work out my geo issues, a lot of this has now been solved and we've come to realise that it is lower than X74 and GT3 settings and other things need to be changed/adjusted to get the geo required.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back