Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking Aloud - Wheels

Now we're talking. That's more realistic and what I'd expect the price to be somewhere near. :thumbs:

Get them done. You can always change at a later date and move them on in mint condition.

Or selling them in pre-refurbished condition allows you to sell them cheaper (you won't see the cost of refurbishment back on resale) and it allows the buyer to have them any colour/finish they choose to match their car/taste?

Selling cheaper will also get more interest from buyers happy to use as is, plus less seller fees through eBay if you go that way :dont know:

Interesting thread, don't often get time to contribute to these much these days.

It's very easy to explain how a set of SCII splits get to £750-800. I'm happy to put together a breakdown if anyone wishes. It simply depends what you are getting, and what you are starting with. You have to specifically work with these wheels to know what 'should' be done versus what 'could' be done as well as what 'can' be done. I really have to bite my tongue reading some of the comments above.

At the low end of the price range you will get what you pay for, and the saying buy cheap buy twice is very true. The issue with splits of this age 15-20 years they'll have been done 2-3 times meaning the rims are getting thin, the bolt holes badly corroded to the extent the threads are barely functional, powdercoat is put in the wrong place etc. There are some outfits that are, frankly, putting out dangerous work. It really comes down to questioning the refurber and seeking assurances on the process etc etc not just assuming.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back