Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought a 996 today !

:welcome: to 911 ownership - finally. :)

Pretty car. :thumb:

Brucey1 said:
https://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/porsche/911-carrera-996/2001-porsche-911-carrera-2-3-4-fsh-manual-new-clutch-milltek-exhaust-stunning-throughout/8957120

The 0-62 time on that ad is incorrect. Your's is 0-60 in 5 seconds (or 5.2 if you're looking at 0-62 comparison). That time quoted is for the tiptronic.

Marky911 said:
Great choice Brucey! :thumb:

Way more involving than an Audi saloon! But they both have their uses.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? I'm just curious as to where the market is currently.
I may be putting mine up by spring time and it's of very similar age and mileage, although I've spent over £15k on mine since buying it for £13k 3 years ago. :grin:

The market is dead due to Brexit, but I think I have an itch for something else, either this year or next.

Sir!, Sir! Marky used the 'B' word, sir!!

:floor:

Osh

alex yates said:
Brucey1 said:
Picked the 911 up this morning and after accelerating out of a couple of roundabouts all those thoughts disappeared, the steering and the feeling of it are amazing , it also wsng too shabby on the motorway .
I'm not missing the s5 at all .

Seriously - I've done 50k miles in mine now. Used as my daily, used as my holiday transfer to the South of France at least once a year.....every year, my work horse, my pub taxi, the lot. Where I go, it goes.......far better than I do.

I've never driven a car that makes you feel so in touch with the tarmac and crosses continents like you've not even got out of bed.

Good move my friend, good move.

Bet the drive home was EPIC and you're still buzzin. You need a couple of beers to bring you down.

Sweet dreams and post some pics tomoz!! :cloud9:

Wot 'e said.

Had mine 4 years now - done 40k miles and absolutely love my P&J as much as the day I bought her.

Osh

Ah brings back memories, I sold an S4 avant to get my first 911. That was then sold, got a boxster later on then crashed that and back in a 996.

Ironically I just bought a 2010 S4 avant to compliment the 996, lol. The more you drive the 996 the better it gets.

I really am beginning to love it , just back in from a drive , getting used to the clutch and gear change now ,everything was flowing nicely. Roads were very wet however treating it with a bit of respect . No point in writing it off in the first week !😂
There's a couple of things I will need to do , passenger window is rattling a bit , will have to get that looked at and I will have to upgrade the stereo to a Bluetooth one , will have to be in keeping with the dash , I don't want any flashing disco lights .
I let the mrs have a go in it , I was sh*ting myself , do t think I will be doing that again 😏

It only gets better over time. Like I said, I've owned mine for 5 years at the end of the month and I still get excited about driving it to work everyday.

Glad to read your positive post ,I'm at the same point as you were , going to look at one tomorrow a 2002 3.6 artic silver black interior 85k on the clock , they are asking 16.5 k , wish me luck

Congratulations and welcome to the 996 club :useless:

Osh said:
Marky911 said:
Great choice Brucey! :thumb:

Way more involving than an Audi saloon! But they both have their uses.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? I'm just curious as to where the market is currently.
I may be putting mine up by spring time and it's of very similar age and mileage, although I've spent over £15k on mine since buying it for £13k 3 years ago. :grin:

The market is dead due to Brexit, but I think I have an itch for something else, either this year or next.

Sir!, Sir! Marky used the 'B' word, sir!!

Osh

Priceless, Osh!!

OP, welcome to the 996 club. Those early cars are getting better looking with age, enjoy :thumbs:

Carpenter100 said:
Glad to read your positive post ,I'm at the same point as you were , going to look at one tomorrow a 2002 3.6 artic silver black interior 85k on the clock , they are asking 16.5 k , wish me luck
I hope it goes ok mate , if it's a good one buy it !😀

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back