Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommended Coffin arms / control arms manufacturer

wow, so much info and good advice - thanks very much folks.

I will look at the options you all provided before making my selection.

I will get it up on a jack at the weekend (with a safety axle stand as well) and get a front and rear wheel off and have a good dig about and look just to satisfy myself there is a real need to change them.

ta again

Chris

Ghianightmare said:
Agree grease/aluminium anti seize/ copper slip on the bolt shaft, but to clarify not on the thread as it leads to incorrect torquing. There are special products for that I think.

Please don't use Copperslip on the shaft, it's not good with Aluminium as it leads to corrosion.

the bolts and bush are both steel. While I agree copper slip isn't the best solution - it is better than nothing and better than the water that gets in! :thumbs:

True but I would buy a tub of Ally grease, you can use it in lots of places on the 996 (including the wheel nuts)

wasz said:
Some people have found the bush in aftermarket arms slightly softer than OE too.

There was a thread where a guy with a Turbo replaced his rear arms and noticed the difference under hard acceleration.

Probably won't be noticeable on the fronts, or without turbo power.

It's worth remembering that a new bush will always be softer than an old and age hardend bush - so his observations were most likely correct, but he attributed the wrong reason! If he had replaced the arms on his car when it was new, he mightn't have noticed any difference as the original bushes would have been supple. :?:

Just my thoughts...

I've just bought meyle. £145 for 2. Plus a couple rear toe arms, Meyle again. Will get them fitted in a few weeks time, looking forward to finally having a solid car again

Ghianightmare said:
It's worth remembering that a new bush will always be softer than an old and age hardend bush - so his observations were most likely correct, but he attributed the wrong reason! If he had replaced the arms on his car when it was new, he mightn't have noticed any difference as the original bushes would have been supple. :?:

Just my thoughts...

Have a read of "nordicmatter" and later MisterCorn's pictures here:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118256

thanks for the info, the hartech parts guy is on jury duty so will speak to them next week before making any decision.

Should I be replacing the bolts as well or just clean up and re-use original?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back