Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

G2 said:
What colour are you going for?

White to match the car.
I assume you need to remove the PDK selector and surround to remove the console ?
All the guides seem to be for manual cars.

wildej said:
G2 said:

White to match the car.
I assume you need to remove the PDK selector and surround to remove the console ?

yes you will mate :thumb:

wildej said:
G2 said:

White to match the car.

1. You need to put the car into neutral before disconnecting battery as the PDK gate wont go over the lever later on without this. Key will not release until everything is back in place and battery re connected
2. Disconnect battery
3. Rotate bottom of the PDK knob to free it, then lift the knob.
You won't be able to remove the PDK trim until the front coin tray and the leather side cheeks of the PCM consol are out and loosened.
The PDK trim lifts straight up to loosen the spring clips, you need to lift it backwards once free. The paint on the legs of this unit will crack if you spread them too wide when you refit it.
Rest of the centre consol removal is as per the clips.

Cheers fellas :thumb: :thumb:

Before I put an ad in the classifieds, anyone interested in a wicked coatings carbon-coated centre console. As new, as it was only installed a few months back.

Nik said:
Before I put an ad in the classifieds, anyone interested in a wicked coatings carbon-coated centre console. As new, as it was only installed a few months back.

Sent you a PM Nik.

I read there is a good thread on how to remove these on 911uk but I haven't found it from searching. I haven't gone through all 32 pages on this yet but if someone could point me to it I'd appreciate it.

I've found one on rennlist but I was hoping it could be done with less faff.

Or any good ones going for sale(oem or leather😉)?

T8 said:
Bund said:
I read there is a good thread on how to remove these on 911uk but I haven't found it from searching. I haven't gone through all 32 pages on this yet but if someone could point me to it I'd appreciate it.

Does this one help?

http://www.macarbon.com/install_guides/Porsche/997/997 CF Center Console Install Instructions.pdf

Cheers T8!!👍🏼😆 that helps to confirm my fears that I do have to remove a fair few bits as that'd the one I'd found. Lol

I was hoping it could be done without removing Bose bits and whatnot.

Bund do you have a cab, is that why there are Bose bits to remove as I know the amp is in the pax footwell on a cab. :?:

Phil 997 said:
Bund do you have a cab, is that why there are Bose bits to remove as I know the amp is in the pax footwell on a cab. :?:

Hey Phil, it's a coupe but the link i found last night and t8 kindly put forward the guy is explaining you disconnect the battery and Bose amp, this tutorial is for a gen 1 though. I'd read in one the 911uk posts there was a good write up on how to remove the rear centre console but I hoped it wasn't the one we're talking about and a bit simpler(sure it's not difficult if you're handy with a bit of trim).

Bund said:
Phil 997 said:

Hey Phil, it's a coupe but the link i found last night and t8 kindly put forward the guy is explaining you disconnect the battery and Bose amp, this tutorial is for a gen 1 though. I'd read in one the 911uk posts there was a good write up on how to remove the rear centre console but I hoped it wasn't the one we're talking about and a bit simpler(sure it's not difficult if you're handy with a bit of trim).

The MA carbon instructions (and YouTube vids) are easy to follow along as you do it. Does not take too long and never needs a lot of force so unlikely to break owt. The cubby tray is the only awkward bit as it has a tab on the top, but gentle pressure releases it.

Happy to talk it through at the fairmile meet, but I'm guessing you want it before april :?:

Bund said:
Phil 997 said:

Ah its a coupe , in that case theres nothing Bose connected that needs disconnecting we did mine on my drive in about 30mins sent it off to be painted and then refitted it in about 45 mins taking care not to damage the new paint , on the cab the Bose amp is fitted to the side of the centre console in the pax footwell , but in the coupe its on the rear parcel shelf. the only thing thats a bit time consuming is removing the gear knob as they can be stiff. the car is actually drivable with the centre console removed. heres a couple of pics of mine in bits after painting sorry they are not great pics.

Attachments

• img_1840_986.jpg
    img_1840_986.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3,698
  • img_1839_159.jpg
    img_1839_159.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,698
Thanks G2 & Phil, the fairmile meet may work well for a talk through if I'm struggling as wont collect car till early March and I'd like to source and swap in the paddle shift first. 👍🏼

Were the types of plastic tools in the carbon tutorial required?

Phil 997 said:
Bund said:
Phil 997 said:

Ah its a coupe , in that case theres nothing Bose connected that needs disconnecting we did mine on my drive in about 30mins sent it off to be painted and then refitted it in about 45 mins taking care not to damage the new paint , on the cab the Bose amp is fitted to the side of the centre console in the pax footwell , but in the coupe its on the rear parcel shelf. the only thing thats a bit time consuming is removing the gear knob as they can be stiff. the car is actually drivable with the centre console removed. heres a couple of pics of mine in bits after painting sorry they are not great pics.

No need to disconnect the battery then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back