Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Odd seat UPDATED

disgraceful scenes on the carpet front :lol: Great Turbo btw! Thanks for posting, looks completely passable in black :thumb:

Just an update, a local company has quoted me £300 to computer colour match the seat and steering wheel center. On balance although I thought expensive its still cheaper and less hassle that finding and buying a suitable replacement interior.

I've bought this set to replace my front seats. Looking to sell the rest of it matches yours?

Attachments

• 1e388027_e2de_4389_ad16_eac9a297cb2d_206.png
    1e388027_e2de_4389_ad16_eac9a297cb2d_206.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,033
Creationblue said:
Just an update, a local company has quoted me £300 to computer colour match the seat and steering wheel center. On balance although I thought expensive its still cheaper and less hassle that finding and buying a suitable replacement interior.

dude seriously spend £50 with gliptone and an hour with a new mirco sponge like you get with a scrubber for the dishes and you are sway.

you will have that done in no time. you just keep dabbing it on, let it dry and go again. might be worth having a hair dryer nearby as its a bit chilly outside at moment.

there is a video on the Gliptone site via you tube showing you how to do it. make sure you clean the leather first with leather cleaner and then get cracking. I was amazed at how well it worked and the colour match.

the steering wheel cover pops out and the seat is easy to do and you can always tape off areas you are worried about catching different colour areas.

or its 4 bolt and the seats are out.

honestly that Gliptone graphite grey will be the same as yours. if there is a slight difference you can always do the other areas nearby to match as you will have loads left from buying a 1 litre pot.

:yeah:
Spot on

NLW73 said:
Creationblue said:

dude seriously spend £50 with gliptone and an hour with a new mirco sponge like you get with a scrubber for the dishes and you are sway.

you will have that done in no time. you just keep dabbing it on, let it dry and go again. might be worth having a hair dryer nearby as its a bit chilly outside at moment.

there is a video on the Gliptone site via you tube showing you how to do it. make sure you clean the leather first with leather cleaner and then get cracking. I was amazed at how well it worked and the colour match.

the steering wheel cover pops out and the seat is easy to do and you can always tape off areas you are worried about catching different colour areas.

or its 4 bolt and the seats are out.

honestly that Gliptone graphite grey will be the same as yours. if there is a slight difference you can always do the other areas nearby to match as you will have loads left from buying a 1 litre pot.

Thanks mate I will give it a go :thumb:

Had the seat, airbag and side panel colored yesterday, pleased with the results

Attachments

• bfa911ef_c6e4_4405_9564_0e520025b49e_104.jpeg
    bfa911ef_c6e4_4405_9564_0e520025b49e_104.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,582
And here's the before pic

Attachments

• dccac4b9_2497_479c_937b_1cdf38581795_590.jpeg
    dccac4b9_2497_479c_937b_1cdf38581795_590.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,565
Steering wheel

Attachments

• a23e0c02_f298_41ab_baba_8f6ebbf96e41_196.jpeg
    a23e0c02_f298_41ab_baba_8f6ebbf96e41_196.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,561
OutofOffice said:

Like those seats, are they recovered, they look too pristine.

timm996 said:
OutofOffice said:

Like those seats, are they recovered, they look too pristine.

Must be, the stitching on the bolsters is not OE style. Looks good.

Good job!
I found the leather kind of sticks to you after recolouring it, when I did enough coats of colour I did a few coats with gliptone leather conditioner gt11 which worked and smelled good too

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back