Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche by Ludic- 996 restomod

T8 said:
I like it. :thumbs:

Not least because the most aesthetically challenged bit of the 996 has been removed completely. :wink:

The biggest impact it has on me is that it really emphasises how much bigger the water-cooled cars are compared to their older siblings.

A great effort. :worship:

Are you meaning the rear quarters on a narrow body 996? :lol:

Fair play to the guy, I think he's done a cracking job, reckon if he turned it into a kit he would shift a fair few!

I like it, though it could do with slightly wider/bigger offset rear wheels to fill the arches more convincingly, and a bigger/proper ducktail.

bS7MhKy.jpg

And if you're going with the retro look, rather than do the 2.8 RSR/Singer exhaust thing, perhaps do a more neatly integrated hommage to the original 2.7 RS exhaust style and position ?

Wpun2BO.jpg

But somewhat embarrassingly I have to admit I think this W/B kit looks rather good too ....

bZfDTSc.jpg

3pl89SR.jpg

fPp9KEl.jpg

i5iySfz.jpg

bTccNrO.jpg

o7zc7Hu.jpg

RRLGKgc.jpg

:boxin:

I love the front, the lights look cracking and I'd do mine if there was a proper kit for this. Rear end looks a bit awkward though, and I (personally) think it would have looked better to leave the rear as-is and fit a ducktail to that (plus a centre-exit exhaust) :drive:

I hope they make a kit eventually.. I wonder if a 986 Boxster could become a 911 speedster :dont know: :?:

Looks great. Only reservation is around the rear end as some others have said, but it could make a great wide body classic 911 lookylikey conversion :thumb:

Interesting but I will put my money with 996 on something like this......

how on earth there are still some people complaint about 996 look?!

I think we will see more and more 996 very nice and cool conversions.

Attachments

• porsche_9964s_04_136.jpg
    porsche_9964s_04_136.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 4,329
  • porsche_9964s_07_197.jpg
    porsche_9964s_07_197.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 4,329
  • porsche_9964s_08_619.jpg
    porsche_9964s_08_619.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 4,329
  • porsche_9964s_12_192.jpg
    porsche_9964s_12_192.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 4,329
Simon, I really like that , just not 100% sure on the riveted panel look , think I would prefer to see it properly moulded then painted.the arches front look good :thumb: :thumb:

Full front is 996 RSR, about rear - this car is C4S not turbo so extreme custom build amount £££££

Hat's off to the chap, that's a huge amount of work and it's very well resolved.

Still strikes me as remarkable that the 996 was and is the only Porsche to take the design language forward from the round lights, and that the outcry was so strong that every generation since (997, 991, 992 and doubtless future models) went back in time to be, essentially, a pastiche of the older cars.

In that sense, he's both back-dated and forward dated this car - which nails the 996's position as the model when it all changed.

:agree:

it's a big NO from me. Proportions all screwy. Lights too small. the tail is so long it looks squashed.

Fascinating that Pinky actually drew a number of his 996 concepts with round lights akin to the older cars

freehand_sketch_of_996.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back