Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can You Identity This Connector In The Engine Bay?

SpennyUK71

Hi all

After removing the air box on my 2002 C4 Tiptronic, I noticed this connector on the rear drivers side of the engine bay. Any ideas on what it's for?

Cheers :thumb:

Attachments

• 33b1afe6_a27a_4426_900c_5c4cbcf0bfe5_312.png
    33b1afe6_a27a_4426_900c_5c4cbcf0bfe5_312.png
    974.7 KB · Views: 2,034
I remember seeing one on my car and thinking that it looked like some sort of diagnostic connector. I'll take a look on the wiring diagram to confirm if nobody knows for sure.

MC

just a thought , it wouldn't be the part you disconnect to keep your PSE always on loud would it :?:

This has come up in the past. Try the search function as I'm sure the mystery was solved.

IIRC - its the diagnostic port that allows the feds to check that all of the emissions stuff is working within parameters in California

....... don't worry about it..... its of no use/interest to us in the UK!

toohey said:
IIRC - its the diagnostic port that allows the feds to check that all of the emissions stuff is working within parameters in California

....... don't worry about it..... its of no use/interest to us in the UK!

I believe it to be this.....

Some sort of diagnostics for the EGR.

MC

God, this forum is flamin' good at times, isn't it....??

Osh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back