Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No sound \ music from Radio, CD or phone bluetooth pairing

emohawk11

Trainee
Hello,

The head unti is powered on, and shows all the radio stations etc. However there's no sound anymore. I've obviously checked the sound is not muted. I;ve tried a cd, bluetooth with phone and music. no sound at all from any source.

The only sound I can get out of the speakers is while making a telephone call.

Only other observation is the head unit powered off and back on again whilst driving the day before this happened. There was sound though until this morning.

Can someone suggest what I need to check please?

Update - sound has magically returned. The car was left sat for about an hour.

Any thoughts ?

With computers and im afraid the PCM is a computer these days then you get software glitches ..

One fix is to lock the car and wait 10 mins or more .. this effectively shuts down the computer ..

If your PC at home stops working you turn it off then back on .. same thing here but it takes a little longer .

Ive often had to do this when replacing control units or retro fitting items .. ive often fixed faults just by unplugging the connections and plugging them back in whilst testing things .. infuriateing to be trying to find a fault only for it to have it to fix itself , you have no idea if it will come back or if its job done .

Its a case of monitor it for now .. an actual fault will return , software and its only now and then .

I had something similar happen pre Xmas. No sound from head unit in the morning. When I used again in the afternoon it worked fine.
Gremlins...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back