Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 3.1 system version 2.20

Danbassy

Would it be possible to update my pcm firmware if I borrowed a map cd on a newer model from a friend?[/i]

Difficult to answer .. if i was doing a nav map update then i would have to bring the software of the individual components up to date first .. i would then load the nav update .

Up dateing the software on its own is more for error correction .. it has no real benifit .. if it works then it works .. but a nav update is the newer maps and hence needs the basic software to be upto date .

Map update cd and software update cd,s are different items which need to be loaded .. i can say .. its a pain and is fraught with problems although to be fair for some reason the sports cars seem to be harder than Cayennes .

Personnelly i think a Tom Tom is far cheaper .

Appreciate the response, just seems my firmware is way behind. Are you saying there isn't much point in updates to 4.xx?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back