Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

As it get colder the dont forget list

MaxA said:
Winter? You might want an ice scraper, a long handled snow brush, a (folding) snow shovel, some knee pads, jumper cables/jump start power pack, a travel blanket, some gravel in an old Pringles tin (believe me, this can be a godsend on ice...), a tow rope, as well as the hi-viz, warning triangle, torch, spare mobile phone etc.

I took Max's advice...and I looked a right Tw4t on the number 38 bus into town this morning :eek:

Millsy71 said:
MaxA said:
Winter? You might want an ice scraper, a long handled snow brush, a (folding) snow shovel, some knee pads, jumper cables/jump start power pack, a travel blanket, some gravel in an old Pringles tin (believe me, this can be a godsend on ice...), a tow rope, as well as the hi-viz, warning triangle, torch, spare mobile phone etc.

I took Max's advice...and I looked a right Tw4t on the number 38 bus into town this morning :eek:

Good one. I suppose I should have mentioned that you really need a nice Porsche branded bag to carry all your winter gear. :wink:

MaxA said:
Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:

Bloody Hell Max , we dont all live 5 miles from the arctic mate :grin: :grin: :grin: speaking of spare mobile phone those mini chargers that will jump the car and charge the phone etc are a good idea I keep mine in the glove box after it was pointed out to me that although in the frunk is a neat place how do you get to it if the battery goes flat :grin: :grin: mmmmmm good point I thought so its now in the glove box. :thumb:

Max this is what you need :thumb: :thumb:

I know some of you live on the Costa Geriatrica, but some of the rest of you live in the wilds of Yorkshire and Scotland, where snow tends to fall.

I'd say that if you just take two things for winter, a decent snow brush (with ice scraper built in) is a must have, as well as a tow rope. If you do slide into a ditch, you'll need a rope to help get you out; many people might stop, but since nobody carries a rope, they'll not be able to get you back on the tarmac. At best they can commiserate, shrug their shoulders, or give you a lift to the pub. :what:

PS I wouldn't want a tracked vehicle from Russia, as some of my neighbours would inevitably take a pot shot at me, or throw a Molotov Cocktail.

Costa Geriatica :floor: :floor: love it :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

MaxA said:
Millsy71 said:
MaxA said:

Good one. I suppose I should have mentioned that you really need a nice Porsche branded bag to carry all your winter gear. :wink:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

I whack silica crystals in my cars this time of year, does help keep condensation down as our cars aren't driven every day.

Another tip recently came to mind. After my PSE actuators became stuck in April, I've since started using the car with the PSE switched off a bit to keep up the ranges of the moving parts. I've also been out this morning and doused the ball joints in WD40. With a view of hopefully cleaning it out a bit.

Topped up the window seals with Gummi over the weekend but windows were frozen shut this morning.

De-icer and luke warm water resolved the issue but if I was away from home it would be a real issue.

benbuhagiar said:
Topped up the window seals with Gummi over the weekend but windows were frozen shut this morning.

De-icer and luke warm water resolved the issue but if I was away from home it would be a real issue.

Funny mine were as well today on the Bentley Ben, but not as solid as if I hadn't used Gummi on them . I think it helps but doesn't solve it totally on those very cold days. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back