Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Number Plate Plinth

They must do a plinth for the 997.2 GTS , call your OPC there should be 3 types for the GTS they dont actually call it a short plinth they call them plinth for USA spec cars and plinth for Japan spec cars one is short and thin the other is shorter than our stock one but much deeper . they can print off the sizes and you will know which one you need , I am pretty sure it was the USA spec one when I ordered my 997.2 GT3 one that I then couldn't use due to screw holes in the bumper being too wide. :thumb: :thumb:

I took mine off completely, had the wholes filled and repainted and bought a short static plate. It's the way to go.

Attachments

• 0c30f944_27dd_4cac_a06a_f1990887d67d_189.jpeg
    0c30f944_27dd_4cac_a06a_f1990887d67d_189.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,715
SGH said:
My bumper does not need painting, I might just get a shorter plate and remove the plinth

I hoped for the same when I bought the registration and ordered the shorter plate. I took the plinth off as I was just going to cut it down and saw that the previous owner had used the bumper for target practice, holes everywhere.

Static plates are good though, stay on at all speeds and great to peal off to clean and then put back on.

SGH said:
I looked at Static Plate but wondered if they sit flat on the contour of the bumper behind plinth.

Don't know if you can see on mine but it has a slight ripple on the top. I move it around though and had it on the bonnet (looked s**t) Alfa style (looked even worse) and have driven it quite often without it on at all... looks best 😀

Mine is a smaller size, I don't think a full size would sit flush.

Phil 997 said:
They must do a plinth for the 997.2 GTS , call your OPC there should be 3 types for the GTS they dont actually call it a short plinth they call them plinth for USA spec cars and plinth for Japan spec cars one is short and thin the other is shorter than our stock one but much deeper . they can print off the sizes and you will know which one you need , I am pretty sure it was the USA spec one when I ordered my 997.2 GT3 one that I then couldn't use due to screw holes in the bumper being too wide. :thumb: :thumb:

I want to get a shorter plinth to fit shorter plate as my plate is only 5 digit might cut the one I have down to size.

Milo72 said:
SGH said:
I looked at Static Plate but wondered if they sit flat on the contour of the bumper behind plinth.

Don't know if you can see on mine but it has a slight ripple on the top. I move it around though and had it on the bonnet (looked s**t) Alfa style (looked even worse) and have driven it quite often without it on at all... looks best 😀

Mine is a smaller size, I don't think a full size would sit flush.

Agree no plate looks better :thumb:

That plate looks great Milo, but is it road legal? Their website suggests not.
What will happen at MOT time?

Milo72 said:
I took mine off completely, had the wholes filled and repainted and bought a short static plate. It's the way to go.

yep i did the same, all holes filled and a stick on number plate used.

Just about to have the front end resprayed to get rid of all the stone chips etc.

Looks nice with no front plate on ready to be painted, it would be awful to forget to put a plate back on.

Counter Of Beans said:

Not not road legal at all...

When it comes to the MOT I'll attach the plate to the middle grill using plastic wing nuts and bolts.

Milo72 said:
Counter Of Beans said:

Not not road legal at all...

When it comes to the MOT I'll attach the plate to the middle grill using plastic wing nuts and bolts.

Similar here, I used those double sided sticky pads to put a proper plate on.

I also have a small plate and ditched the plinth and mounted the plate directly on the PU using the same holes that the plinth used. (I keep a set of standard plates in the car and if I ever get tugged by the law it's a quick "sorry officer I've just been to a show and forgot to swap them back, I'll do it now").

Attachments

• img_8066_1a_196.jpg
    img_8066_1a_196.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,591

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back