Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat base restoration

Leathers still saggy but at least foam has some shape and support

Attachments

• c05df118_5cc0_4ae1_af0d_43c9b9f9635b_589.png
    c05df118_5cc0_4ae1_af0d_43c9b9f9635b_589.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,134
The seats in my car have sagged a tad. Is removing the base just a case of pulling it up and away from the frame?

g911omr said:
The seats in my car have sagged a tad. Is removing the base just a case of pulling it up and away from the frame?

No but it's not hard. Look under the front, there's 2 white clips. Pull the bit Down that sticks out of them and then prise them down from the back. The bit sticking down is like a locking tab to let the rest of the clip move.
Pull out the electric seat adjuster, should slide right off and then just pull the seat up from the front. There's some wiring underneath so don't go mad. Just disconnect the plugs to give a little more movement.
My seats are not heated so easy enough.

Just to clarify, mine wasn't sagging, it was more useless :floor:

Time will tell how it goes but it's better than it was

Thanks.
I'll give it a go. My car has ruffled leather which wasn't my ideal choice TBH. It just needs a bit of 'plumping up' if you know what I mean. I'd rather change them for standard seats, but finding some has proved more difficult than I thought it would be.

Are mine ruffled? I don't even know. :?
Ive got a thing for the gt3 jobs but time will tell with my back.
And bank balance :floor:

Nope. You don't have ruffled.... :D

I thought the base was harder to remove than that. Might have to give it a go. My seats are not saggy. In fact, the opposite - I want to take some foam out the base so that I can sit lower in the car. But haven't tried too hard cos also don't want to mess it up and end up with a saggy cover.

I'd say the cover will be saggy if you take padding out. You could end up stretching it then.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back