Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Abs pulsing only at low speed 2mph-10mph

Great thanks that's the best thing that I've heard as it does seem very plausible that being the fault but then I've not heard of anyone else having issues with the rings so worried I'm heading in the wrong direction, was your symptoms the same as in abs pulsing but only at very low speed?

Rickyhull said:
Bit of an update done a diagnostics and no faults, done a scan of the abs sensors and nothing flagging up as out of ordinary so guess it must be the abs ring either damaged or rusty/corroded

Can this diagnostic log all 4 wheel speeds?

Then drive the car in a straight line and see which one is out compared to the others.

Then you can start to look for them.

When I fitted new front wheel bearings to my C2 Im sure the wheel bearing seal had something written on it to say it has the reluctor in. But yours being a C4 will be as DeMort says on the driveshafts.

Unfortunately not on my friends although I have got durametric and it does show up all 4 wheel speed sensors but doesn't give off speeds/voltages so maybe because it's the free version I'm not sure 👎

Update

Bit of an update checked abs rings and all seem ok, not sure what the next best thing to do is, does anyone hav a link to a free download fault code reader so I can read live data to see which wheel seems to be reading differently to the rest? I've got a durametric cable and program free one off the internet but can't seem to get it to do anything on the live data for wheel speeds

Ricky (OP), if it helps, I agree with demort on the wheel speed sensor. As daft as it may sound on a 911 site, one of my work vans had the same problem and it was the sensor....same symptoms and the same diagnosis as demort suggests. if its not the sensor, then its probs the bearing (as the two work in tandem). I hope this helps.

Yea I agree it does sound like it's one or the other speed sensor or ring on the drive shaft, I've checked them and they seem ok although it was a brief check so going to strip them again and give them a more in depth check over and give them a really good clean down top and between the grooves, did one last night and also there was a lot of thick black grease all over the speed sensor from a previous split CV boot so cleaned that too haven't driven it yet since doing these but don't think it would of done much so going to try anyway then check the drivers side again, thanks for all the input guys and advise determined to get to the bottom of this then update in the hope it helps others too!

Great news taken abit more time inspeting the drivers side and don't know how I missed it last time but basically the drive shaft has rusted under the abs ring which seems to of put pressure on it expanding so has split the abs ring creating a large gap on the ring of about 5mm

Thank you to all the help and advise you've all given me and hopefully this helps out others!

Rickyhull said:
Great news taken abit more time inspeting the drivers side and don't know how I missed it last time but basically the drive shaft has rusted under the abs ring which seems to of put pressure on it expanding so has split the abs ring creating a large gap on the ring of about 5mm

Thank you to all the help and advise you've all given me and hopefully this helps out others!

:thumbs:

Managed to weld up the crack on the ring clean up all the rust as a temporary fix wile new one comes, drives perfectly now job done!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back