Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Laying up for winter

My cars are laid up for months at a time. Initially I was brimming the tank, but it took ages of driving like miss daisy to run the old fuel out, so now I put the bare minimum in and drive straight to the petrol station when I use it.

C2s 997.1 that is a daily and on winter tyres and wheels. Good fun in the snow and no traction issues at all

Everything from taking the kids to school, shopping, down the garden centre and most other things

sim996 said:
My cars are laid up for months at a time. Initially I was brimming the tank, but it took ages of driving like miss daisy to run the old fuel out, so now I put the bare minimum in and drive straight to the petrol station when I use it.

I thought it was just me that remembered 'driving miss daisy'

G2 said:
Tobyone said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
I bought into all this SORN shoite the 1st year I had my car. Then I thought about it....

I simply don't bother now. I keep all documentation live- tax, test, Insurance. I don't take it out if the weathers crap or road surface is wet and salty. But you do get the odd beautiful crisp winter days. And the turbo's love a bit of chilled air :wink:

For saving a couple of bob on road tax I don't see the point. Just my 2 penneth, for those who like the hibernation ritual, crack on :thumbs:

Oooh yeah, the candles come out we all run around naked singing.
You cant beat a ritual you really cant

Is this naked ritual meet in the events section? Cannot find it ?? Can I attend if I've only got a small candle?

even worse if its a small candle and a small flame. Must be my age :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back