Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can anyone tell me what this means... ?

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
Next to the Amp and Telephone it has the little warning signs, any ideas?

I have a PCM 2.1 with software version 4. This was a new unit from
Porsche about 12 months ago (previous owner paid a stupid amount)

I am also confused as the manual says I can set up individual settings, but this option isn't on the screen.

???

Attachments

• b0a6cfbf_5a46_4c5a_a6cf_86734a500196_111.jpeg
    b0a6cfbf_5a46_4c5a_a6cf_86734a500196_111.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 1,985
No idea, but I am going to my local OPC tomorrow afternoon and I will show the tech bloke and let you know what he says. :D

Tobyone said:
No idea, but I am going to my local OPC tomorrow afternoon and I will show the tech bloke and let you know what he says. :D

Very kind... really appreciate it.

Its been about 6 years since ive needed to look at this but from memory it just means the amp/phone have an older software version than the other items.

The amp still works i take it as you havent said anything about no sound and i very much doubt you use the phone so its not something to worry about .

deMort said:
and i very much doubt you use the phone so its not something to worry about .

:floor: :floor: :floor: because it's the worst phone system in the world by any chance deMort ?...... Out of interest, is the microphone part fitted somewhere near the alternator in the engine bay? It usually sounds like it to anyone at the other end of the line :frustrated:

Lets just say .. its an old system that was old at the time it was introduced and .. er .. had its failings :)

Im pretty sure the mic was in the steering column on these .. it is on most models anyways .. lets just say there was a few pages of updates and fixes listed for this .. a long read for a very little fix :D

Milo72 said:
I am also confused as the manual says I can set up individual settings, but this option isn't on the screen.???

Individual settings will only be available if you have sports chrono (I think).

You'd have to be bonkers to replace PCM 2.1 with another one! Reminds me that I could do with changing mine at some point!

G2 said:
deMort said:
and i very much doubt you use the phone so its not something to worry about .

:floor: :floor: :floor: because it's the worst phone system in the world by any chance deMort ?...... Out of interest, is the microphone part fitted somewhere near the alternator in the engine bay? It usually sounds like it to anyone at the other end of the line :frustrated:

:grin: :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back