Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 C2 ownership

Y2K said:
segart said:
Nice looking car and i do like the wheels. Incredible mileage though. 6800 miles? It really is amazing how a car like this can be barely driven for 20 years! Thats about 340 miles per annum!
Cheers Rick

Yeah, was that meant to say 68,000 miles?

Car looks great; since you're not afraid to modify your car, I'd recommend having the centre console painted in body colour, and have red seat belts fitted. Brighten up the interior.

Are you planning to track the car? If so what's the track day scene like in Sweden? Just thinking about future road trip ideas.... :wink:

Ooh sorry, of course its 68,000 miles!

The trackdays for Porsches are quite big in Sweden. I believe that PCS, Porsche Club Sweden is the 4th largest? US, UK and Germany are bigger.

I will definately try some trackdays this year, but its nothing that I have done before.

As for the interior, I really like Marky911's interior! Since my car being silver, maybe black interior with grey alcantara parts?

Marky911 said:
Stunning! Great job. 8)

I've followed a very similar path with my car, with the seats, red calipers, suspension, etc.
It's amazing how different the same car can feel from beginning to end.

I look forward to more updates. :thumb:

Thank you! I really like your thread and it inspired me to do this writeup!

rob_p said:
Lovely looking car with some great mods.
Great choice for the wheels too.
Any details on the replica buckets?

Thank you!

I bought the seats as "new used"... He bought them for a Audi S2 like 5 years ago but never had them mounted. I guess its the typical ebay replicas. Looks and feels great though.

JimmyOberg said:
rob_p said:
Any details on the replica buckets?

Thank you!

I bought the seats as "new used"... He bought them for a Audi S2 like 5 years ago but never had them mounted. I guess its the typical ebay replicas. Looks and feels great though.

Rob,
Design911 sell them. Check this thread, all the info you need.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=117492&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Jimmy,
Yes I've seen Marky's car 'in the fresh', the interior is indeed very nice :thumb:

:welcome: Jimmy

Looks amazing 8)

Do you think you have enough cleaning products on your shelf :grin:

Great mod's :thumb:

Thanks for allowing folk like me to share in the enjoyment of your Porsche experiences, very much appreciated. :worship:

You really should tidy up that garage Jimmy. :floor:

Hi and welcome Jimmy, the car looks stunning, top job ! :thumb:

HSC911 said:
:welcome: Jimmy

Looks amazing 8)

Do you think you have enough cleaning products on your shelf :grin:

Great mod's :thumb:

...And thats the shelf only... :roll:

Nice car and a great intro' Jimmy.

:welcome: to 911uk

Luddite said:
Thanks for allowing folk like me to share in the enjoyment of your Porsche experiences, very much appreciated. :worship:

You really should tidy up that garage Jimmy. :floor:

Thank you! :thumbs:

JimmyOberg said:
...And thats the shelf only... :roll:

:thumbs:

What's that in the corner :?:

Do you know Sakke who's is well into his bikes :dont know:

:thumb:

Hi All,

Small uppdate... I've put one layer of TAC System coating on the wheels and assembled them. A second layer will be done next weekend after the tires are mounted!

I also got new centercaps. There is a missmatch in color between these and the wheels... What do you guys think, should I have them resprayd or should I just live with it? I dont think its bothering me.

Just caught up with this thread. Have to say your car looks stunning, the garage is pretty good too!

I wouldn't bother with the centre caps they look fine. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back