Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

A set of four of these, should arrive next week

jpjs.jpg
:D

How does the saying go - "Blue and green should never be seen, unless it's Titanium and Viper Green."

Attachments

• img_3769a_949.jpg
    img_3769a_949.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,794
  • img_3990a_953.jpg
    img_3990a_953.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,794
nothing interesting just expensive repairs for me today....
all new coolant pipes (including some plastic pipe that cost a fortune)
crank position sensor
cooling fan from the front which again should be made of solid gold based on the price
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Sports seats.

They need a little TLC and my leather backed comfort seats are in better condition but the Sports versions are nicer to look at, and provide more lateral support when you sit in them - so they will be staying once they are given a thorough clean and treatment.

What have people used to clean and recolour a discoloured side bolster?

Also would like to make them electrically heated. Did post a question but it got moved to a 996 forum so I haven't had any feedback who has done a retrofit seated seat conversion on a 997 yet.

Set of nice condition black 997 leather backed comfort seats anyone? :D

:eek: A new hartech engine for me also Cargraphic headers with 200cell cats to complete the cargraphic full set up. :grin: also just been gathering a few bits for when I get it back, RS front arch extenders and the RS wider side indicators , RS dive planes/canards, RSS semi solid engine mounts, GT3TEK rear window roof defuser. looking forward to starting the mods again :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• image001_711.jpg
    image001_711.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4,393
160dmb said:
Blimey that's a big throttle body on the top right hand side :D

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Bought the EVOMSIT tune for the 997.2 turbo :) Lets see how this works.
Their tune for the NA was amazing to say the least

997.1 exhausts back boxes

My old ones (originals from 2007) barely creeped through last years MOT in May so I thought I'd better get them replaced in plenty of time, I'm glad I did them yesterday as it's raining today!

Nothing exotic just a pair of standard factory PSE silencers with new clamps, stainless bolts and new tips, I also replaced both the braided vacuum hoses as one side had perished and the valve was very slow to respond. I also fitted a new vacuum switch, y piece and all rubber connectors as they came with the kit!

img_0176a.jpg

img_0177a.jpg

img_0178a.jpg

On Saturday I'd also fitted two new idler pulleys, a new tension pulley and a new belt.

img_0162.jpeg

New GT3/Aero Splitter...at last arrived at Porsche Silverstone! Expected the finish to be a bit shabby as this is the one from the motorsport division and only £104 ex VAT, but looks fine to me and certainly better than the rubbish one I bought off eBay that I thought was genuine for £188!

IMG-2072.jpg

Need to trim off about 15mm before fitting otherwise it won't last very long :D

Australian 996 I see... :)

Not sure how it did it, try this one. both in their pyjamas.

Attachments

• img_1019_002_544.jpg
    img_1019_002_544.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,492
I bought mine a little sister

Attachments

• abarth_40_208.jpg
    abarth_40_208.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,449

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads