Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Discovered something new today about the 997

deMort said:
On a 997 you turn the headlights on then press the button under the wiper stalk , it has a symbol on it for headlamp wash .. this will operate them.

On a 996 you turn the headlights on and operate the normal washers but hold it on and then the headlamp washers will operate... to be honest i do this useing a tester so had to think about normal operation .

If you dont have zenon lights .. no headlamp washers then you dont have to worry .

No question is a stupid question .. Only a search for knowledge .

Brilliant ta :D you know I have not noticed that button on my stalk !
Also trying my mates boxster we had the lights off so that must be the problem.
Once again thanks fella :p

I would never dare to question the infinite wisdom of De mort but on my 996 you push the stalk forward to operate the headlamp washers and pull towards you for screen washers...

I love doing this at night for the puffs of 'smoke' from the front that makes me think I'm firing a pair of nose mounted browning cannons

But then I am really just a five year old deep down...

Hans Gruber said:
I would never dare to question the infinite wisdom of De mort but on my 996 you push the stalk forward to operate the headlamp washers and pull towards you for screen washers...

I love doing this at night for the puffs of 'smoke' from the front that makes me think I'm firing a pair of nose mounted browning cannons

But then I am really just a five year old deep down...

Your probably right .. off work sick and very tired .. i do my best :)

Either way the question is answered :thumb:

EDIT ..

Question me all you like .. i dont know everything and comments like yours correct what i have said .. thank you :)

Wow!; i always used a sponge to clean my lights before! I better check- I think I may have these and never used them.
PS- Get we lain. hope its not not that bloody cough & chest infection i'm struggling with... :nooo:

MattyR said:
Wow, I had no idea! Porsche engineering really is fantastic. I love the oil filler spout and cap; that's so over engineered it cracks me up!

Glad I'm not the only one who really appreciates this! :thumb:

same for me and much obliged

although I think one of mine is blocked or leaked as always seems to have a snail trail of fluid. drivers side.

does it need clearing out maybe? bumper is off soon for paint and grills so will get it checked out.

I would probably just go with replacing it .

Obvioulsy at work i have a different remit and have to fix something 100% so a replacement is usually the only way to do this ( cant charge and have something come back in 6 monthes ).

I do feel though that trying to strip it , clean it , refit it and it still leaks is a fair bit of time for something that costs about £85.

Just IMHO :)

Magic919 said:
Press the button. Otherwise they work after so many screen washes in one trip.

After 10, from memory...... If you want it or not - powerful, but messy!!

So I pressed the 'bubble' button the other day after reading this on the way to work and I was like........................ :eek: bloody hell not only did it soak my lights, but also the bonnet and the wings. Its like a mini jet wash system, looked like I snow foamed my car :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back