Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential daily driver, lots of miles :) (Now Actual Driver)

Well, decision has been made and the deal done...

Ordered the Carrera S for March Build. Decided not to wait for the base Carrera.. why?... well, the cost didn't work out all that different.

Final Man-Maths for a new Carrera as a daily driver:

From the previous posts; total cost of all servicing, tyres, Insurance, tax, tracker etc etc for 3yrs / 50,000 miles came to £7k. (I say 3yrs, as the car wants for nothing until sept)

From purchase price and trade-in part-ex valuation deal, depreciation was £20k. Pretty good residuals for 2.5yrs 50k miles on a sports car. Add a bit for interest payments on the VWFS and thats the job lot for daily driver 911, rain or shine, snow or sun..

Lots of smiles per miles... Bargain 911.

Whilst the new S is priced £10k+ more than the new soon to be launched carrera, the residuals GFV works out similarly high, so cost per month for the PCP isn't all that different. Allowing for 3yrs of inflation, it worked out the same monthly payment, for the next 3yrs of 992 Carrera S Daily driver. A few more toys, and extra 50bhp top-trumps stats.

Going to be mixed emotion dropping off the 991.2 and picking up the 992. The 991.2 has been truly incredible and chuffed to bits i took the brave pill in buying one as daily hack. Cheaper to run than many other sports cars for sure, imagine the equivalent maths in an M5, an Aston, an R8 etc.!!!

Can I ask if you bought the 991.2 brand new?

If it's only lost £20k in 3 years and 50k Miles then that is an unbelievable trade in figure!!

Yes, New. My original logic (and gamble) of buying the 911 was from 2015 report I read that it was one of the least depreciating cars in the country.

In comparison to my 6-series and RS6, it proved correct!

Am still yet to beat my depreciation personal record of my Audi TT in 2004, lost £250 in 1yr, 20k miles. Effectively a free car for a year! That was a good buy and px.

Macan is supposed to be great at present.

I've got a Macan Turbo and can confirm they drop like a stone in price :floor:

Did you get a discount on the 991.2 when you bought it?

I've spoken to a few people moving from a 991.2 C2s to a 992 and the trade in values have been pretty dire!

Yes, did get a discount, which helps. Plus the base Carrera more naturally resilient in residuals with lower original price, so less of a peak to come from with it £10k less in first place for practically the same car. Hence part of my dilemma of current change.

One design niggle with the 991.2... with no engine in the front, the screen wash system is a devil for freezing up and takes an eternity to thaw out.

You would think with these sold all around the world, this issues would have been designed out in some way. Trace heating or something similar.

Oyster card always helps me open the drivers door if its really cold:

Attachments

• img_7069_484.jpg
    img_7069_484.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 4,697
Use Gummi Fledge on door seals and you won't need to use your Oyster card in freezing conditions.

It's purely the base of the window that freezes that prevents the glass from dropping by the 2mm to open / close. The magic Oyster card breaks that seal to allow the glass to drop when you open the door.

Quick scrub up... effortlessly easy car to clean and still looks like new.

Attachments

• schparkully_clean_188.jpg
    schparkully_clean_188.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,420
Going to miss the 991.2, my first Porsche, definitely punching above my weight buying one of these...

Traveling down south today, couldn't resist taking a photo at the hotel. Gorgeous car. Had such fun on the twisty farm roads today.

Attachments

• e794c2d7_1c87_4622_a80d_829ccc9e748a_613.jpeg
    e794c2d7_1c87_4622_a80d_829ccc9e748a_613.jpeg
    751.5 KB · Views: 3,801
Quite sad to see her go in many ways... my first Porsche, amazing car!

Man maths at its finest, can't believe how fast nearly three years of ownership went.

Now in the hands of the dealer to make a good profit on.

Attachments

• 18929b2e_985e_4820_aa05_52863b2d55d1_214.jpeg
    18929b2e_985e_4820_aa05_52863b2d55d1_214.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 3,695
Wilko1 said:
I run my 991 alongside the wife's golf r and do about 18k a year combined in the 2. Wife does 2-3k.
Buying the 991 lightly used has allowed me to run the pair for about 900 a month and being honest, the golf is my choice for longer motorway stints, and is quite a laugh as well.
Looking at your numbers, you're nearer to £1500 a month for just the one.

I did something similar with a new Golf GTi Mk7 and new Boxster 981S - I was jetting all round the country and the two cars worked out so much cheaper to run and pay for than the quotes I had on a then brand new 991S! It all worked perfectly until I drove an F80 M3 when they first came out!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back