Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ABS and PSM disco lightshow

peterzoom

Spa-Francorchamps
We have a bit of snow and ice like most of the country and it seemed like good fun to get the 911 out and play on the sub optimal road surfaces nearby.
Great fun and I would thoroughly recommend it, I had a blast
:thumbs:
However there was a recurring oddity in so much that when an enthusiastic bit of wheelspin or slightly sideways motoring occurred :puh: The ABS and PSM plus handbrake warning light all lit up and stayed on. However if I stopped and switched the motor off and waited 5 minutes they all went out and stayed out until the next sideways or broken traction moment occurred. Then the same process, switch off wait 5 minutes, switch on, all fine :?:

Question is... Is this normal/usual or is there a hint of a failing sensor/reluctor etc etc??
I have read the car for fault codes and there are none logged at all, which seems strange to me.
Anyone got a clue what might be going on?

I think Alex Yates had a play in the snow last winter and he turned off the pasm and abs

I did try it with the electronic assistance all off and it was fine and probably a lot more fun too!
However I am curious as to why the warning lights would all be triggered when the systems were live and be reset with a switch off :?:

That doesnt sound quite normal to me .. psm cutting in will illuminate to warn you but then should go out .. not need a ign off and on .. and certainly not for 5 mins ..

i would start with a fault code readout .. if there is a fault it will be logged and we can go from there .

No fault codes indicate the car is doing what it thinks is correct .. doesnt mean its correct though .. just means its a harder fault to find as its something failing within the limits .

abs pasm

I had this problem with mine , I did some research and it was the brake light switch on the pedal that failed , cheapest part to start with, replaced that and not had any issues since ,

abs pasm

I had this problem with mine , I did some research and it was the brake light switch on the pedal that failed , cheapest part to start with, replaced that and not had any issues since ,

Re: abs pasm

markv8 said:

Thanks for the info everyone, the brake light switch sounds like a good place to start as I recently had to replace the clutch switch and as they are most likely to be similar vintage it might just be on it's way out like its cousin :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back