Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo at Copart

Looking at this some more - No VAT so that helps on the pricing.
V5 only has sections 1-8 - Makes me wonder whether this is a repossession or a car that was left in storage and is being sold to recoup storage charges?

So potentially a garage queen turbo manual for c. 25K or a garbage buy.

Who's got 25K readies to take a punt?

C

Is it me or are the tail pipes sticking out a bit further than normal? Could be a sign of some kind of misalignment. Equally it could just be an aftermarket exhaust, which seems likely as it has forge hoses and a panel filter. I wonder if it has been mapped too... It could be a good car but it is a gamble.

My 996 is a cat D, repaired before my ownership. I started out with a budget of £25k when shopping for a turbo (it was in 2012). Saw some clean cars at £25k to £28k and also some real dogs. My one came up locally and was advertised at £19.5k, private sale. It had a leaky rad when I went to see it and some really noisy suspension components. All standard stuff. It had been serviced annually by Porsche and then at a local garage (who I know any way). I put in a cheeky offer of £15k and we dealt at £15.5k. I was happy with that and buying a less than perfect car meant I could use it and mod it without worrying about devaluing etc. I had a lot of fun working on it myself and modifying before going mental with the engine build etc. It's now a really sorted car but it will always be a Cat D unfortunately.

Think you have managed to get the best of both-worlds Tom - an appreciating car that you dont mind putting the miles on or modifying...
Hadnt spotted the exhausts - yes definitely sticking out!

Without VAT, this could still be a bargain for someone....

911tom said:
I put in a cheeky offer of £15k and we dealt at £15.5k. I was happy with that

£15k!!! Thats amazing! What a car for the money!

Looks like it sold for £20,200 Plus fees (Think £1800 of fees, plus some other bits) - so approx £22k

Be great if the new owner joins 911UK, so we can hear what the car is actually like (saw that happen earlier this week on a 993 thread).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back