Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo at Copart

Kingb4

Since I started watching the 'B is for Build' channel on youtube, I have been keeping an eye on Copart (the source of lots of crashed cars he rebuilds).

Spotted this 996 Turbo on their site......I realise you would have to be brave to buy via this route, but someone could get a bargain......(depends what the reserve is set at)
https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/56224978

I wont be bidding (I dont have the money or the balls!).

Oil pressure is low if the gauge is correct, at low engine temps that should be 4.5-5 bar.

Mileage is very reasonable though, interested to see where this goes.....

Same sort of mileage as when I bought mine.
It'll be due for its first round of EVERYTHING soon....Rads,coil packs, alternator,clutch, suspension etc etc.
Could be looking down the barrel of 10-20ks worth of bills unless you are a home mechanic. IMHO
And thats if its been looked after...why has it ended up in the auction?

HSC911 said:
Could be a bargain :thumb:

The bargain-lover in me would love to grab this if its cheap....are you going for it Jin?

No...need my cash for a property that I am doing up to sell :sad:

:thumb:

No MOT History between 2011 and 2018?

Am I missing something or has it been stuck in a tardis?

C

Chigster said:
No MOT History between 2011 and 2018?

Am I missing something or has it been stuck in a tardis?

C

I didnt spot that.....but not surprised. With most cars being sold at Copart, there is usually a story (most have been crashed and are salvage). This lot is not marked as crashed and isn't 'recorded'. If this 996T was mint, with FSH, I doubt anyone would try and sell it through Copart....

But if you got it for 'teens then who'd give a sh** :dont know:

Go for it, you only live once :thumb:

not particularly a bargain now, over £20k (3 hours remaining) + around £2k fees and +some vat.
it will end £25/£30k all in, at least.
for not much more you can go and 'pick' one.
Rather expensive now in my book. :?

Agreed - think it will climb further before the auction ends, so after fees it will end up at close to mkt price (still probably a bit cheaper).....so as you say, you could go and pick one......

Jin - if it was still in the teens, I would have seriously thought about it...

Price seems high now, maybe a dodgy bidder :bandit:

:grin:

HSC911 said:
Price seems high now, maybe a dodgy bidder :bandit:

:grin:
Yeah, Copart ! :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo