Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S Dash Cam Removal HELP!

Ive removed countless alarm systems , immobilisers over the years .. they are all fitted this way .

All you are trying to acheive is to make sure the wire cant short out against the body work .. you cut the wire off as close as possible and then tape it up. there isnt anythjing more you can do other than replaceing the loom ..

Some immobilisers and they fit thinner wire .. this i will cut out but in your case .. just remove and tape ... at the end of the day .. its a wire added to the exsiting one , it hasent weakend it .. it just needs removeing .

Be aware .. these are live wires .. battery disconnect as MC said first .

Well done on the A pillar btw .. hardest part is refitting it :)

I would seriously consider keeping them, they can save a great deal of heartache and ballache. if you dont want the danger of being convicted off the back of whats recorded previously then remove the mem card or the fuses or fit a really tiny card so it only records 10 minutes .

asterix_the_gaul I appreciate your comments. My C4S is a weekend car that I want to enjoy driving, which I wasn't doing listening to an American accent telling me the speed limit every 100 yards followed by a warning of a speed camera followed by recording commencing when I start her up etc. etc. I plan on doing around 2500 miles a year in this car so do not see the point.

On the other hand I am an Insurance broker and aware that it can certainly prevent a huge amount of headache once an accident happens! I do 25000 a year in my daily A5 which would be more suited to the cams, but not the weekend toy.

Anyway they are out now! I hope you understand now, I wasn't exactly clear on the amount I drive it initially so this may make it clearer :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back