Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My odd wheels

Hans Gruber

I have known this since the first time I had a look under my C4S but it has kind of slipped my mind until just now...

I have for reasons unknown one hollow spoke front wheel, the rest are solid spokes. I'm sure the weight difference must have an effect on handling though it's not obvious.

Funnily enough the car had a full geo at a local Indy and they failed to notice so to save their blushes I won't go around saying who it was (subtle hint there!)

Question to the forum is this, do I:

A) live with it
B) sell it online and buy a solid spoke
C) keep it, sell the solid spoke and have two hollows up front
D) find someone who want to do a swap deal (should I ask a bit of cash seeing as hollows come at a premium price)

As ever I throw my humble self at the feet of the Porsche massive :worship:

live with it is simplest option if your ocd can handle it, i seriously doubt you could tell any difference

most likely be able to find full sets or singles so buy a solid and sell the hollow

if you want a full set of hollows buy a full set of hollows and do the above

Thanks,

My OCD is fairly pronounced though! The difference in weight when I've had the wheels off is really noticeable but I have resisted sticking them on the scales as yet....

yes, certainly off the car you can tell weight difference!

Just keep an eye on picking up a solid spoke off eBay. Once you do, sell your hollow spoke (for more).

:agree:

I assume you have scoured the ebay breakers; 9apart, JasminePorshalink etc...

996 4S came with solids from the factory. Buy a matching solid front, sell the hollow spoke and enjoy a night on the town with the extra cash. :thumb:

C.

James M-S said:
:agree:

I assume you have scoured the ebay breakers; 9apart, JasminePorshalink etc...

I suppose I could do that but it's much more fun asking you guys for an opinion :)

cableguy said:
996 4S came with solids from the factory. Buy a matching solid front, sell the hollow spoke and enjoy a night on the town with the extra cash. :thumb:

C.

Ok then I could put it slightly differently...

Does anyone want a mint solid spoke twist?

Oh and does anyone have a hollow spoke front for sale :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back