Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New clutch needed, Sachs or Porsche,

AlanPM

Silverstone
Hi chaps. So new clutch needed soon and looking on Design911 choices are genuine Porsche or Sachs. Has anyone any experience of fitting the Sachs option?, good or bad. It's getting IMS and RMS at the same time so just trying to budget a bit

Attachments

• 614feab8_6fcc_4b76_a0fc_a6c534025cb2_169.png
    614feab8_6fcc_4b76_a0fc_a6c534025cb2_169.png
    925.8 KB · Views: 1,579
I had a Sachs fitted 30k miles/3 years ago. Still going strong. It's a bit wiffy if you give it some stick, ie. hold it on a hill for a minute.

"It's getting IMS & RMS at the same time" - does it not already have them?

Hi Alex, yes I do believe it might already have both IMS and RMS !!
However it's now done 97K and I think it's time to bullet proof it for another 97K.

There's no bullet proof after market option unless going down the rebuild route. Unless you're just thinking of popping the outer seal off and checking for play. Fitting another bearing is just resetting your chance of it blowing up.

I replaced my clutch and flywheel myself.

I used LUK fly and Sachs clutch, on good authority these are the OE suppliers, so same part different box.

Don't buy from design 911

I got clutch fly and a load of other bits under £450 from carparts4less with a black Friday code. They are always doing codes.

Check my link in my sig for the other jobs done with the box out.

vqtDa0l.jpg

I did the clutch last year and went for LUK items plus a replacement release arm/pin/boot and must say I am very happy with the apparent quality out of the box and feel once fitted.
What I would say is that I also fitted a new clutch slave cylinder and bled the system at the same time.
The removed slave cylinder, although intact and not leaking in way, felt decidedly stiff and notchy, so might be worth considering changing it as well.

peterzoom said:
I did the clutch last year and went for LUK items plus a replacement release arm/pin/boot and must say I am very happy with the apparent quality out of the box and feel once fitted.
What I would say is that I also fitted a new clutch slave cylinder and bled the system at the same time.
The removed slave cylinder, although intact and not leaking in way, felt decidedly stiff and notchy, so might be worth considering changing it as well.

Ah yes I did mine too, the plastic end cap had worn away on my slave and was wearing away at the metal arm.

A new one (SACHS ~£60) and the arm and pin has been revised by Porsche to a 997 part to eliminate creaking (OPC ~£100) and my clutch is silky smooth.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back