Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 order... What are your specs?

Ha! yup, boys toys sweet shop for sure.

on the bright side, on the 992:
- Contrast stitching a free option
- PDK now included as standard
- cruise control now included as standard
- keyless entry and drive cost has reduced from £750 to £390 on 992

and the best one...

wait for it...

Mats are now included as standard!

To do like for like spec of my 991.2 options to that of 992 options. The cost dropped from £14k to £10k. it normally goes the other way hey.

6appeal said:
Yes, majority of the options are live already... inc wheels options and PSE, am sure a few other bits will be added with time, but nothing significant is missing.

Cool. It was at point of confirmed order that they pulled PSE and wheels in 2004.

Stick on front numberplate? as the 992 front bumper has a much sharper radius at the front lip than the 991.2.

Attachments

• 911b_486.jpg
    911b_486.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 3,020
6appeal said:
Dilemma on the wood trim... it'll be either awesome or rubbish lol...

A number of reviews have recommended the wood trim with the 992 interior design.

Carbon trim - Have had a number of times, 20yr old tech now?

Brushed Alu - had that for my last three cars

Painted trim - never had that before? a possible alternative?

Leather trim - already a lovely amount of leather.

Decisions, decisions...
Personally, I think it looks incredible in Aventurine green with the wood trim and sport-tex seats. On the configurator at least.

But that's just me. Two years to go...

Love it!

Attachments

• img_3705_169.jpg
    img_3705_169.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 2,786
  • img_0455_895.jpeg
    img_0455_895.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,786
Where are those pics of?
The Gt Silver one has my wheels except I've gone satin black on the inside as I am very lazy at cleaning wheels.
Nice.

From my dealer who has just done the 992 training abroad... the alloys i've chosen are on the yellow car; i've ordered GT Silver.

6appeal said:
From my dealer who has just done the 992 training abroad... the alloys i've chosen are on the yellow car; i've ordered GT Silver.
Wish my dealer cared about me enough to send pics *sadface*

I couldn't chose between those two wheels and so decided the GT Silver wheels as I've never had that style before. Both are great wheels.
I had a GT Silver 987 and it looked amazing. I was tempted this time but I've had a few Silver cars. Nice to have a change. Bit like you and blue if I remember.

Ha! Yes, fear not, I didn't resort to kidnapping his family or anything! Simply asked if he'd mind for the basis of the car I'm ordering seeing as I'm ordering blind as such. He's a good guy for sure and always been very helpful. For my first 911 and this next one.

Am really 50/50 between those alloys, both look amazing! Liking the offset profile of the ones I've picked, as that wasn't evident on the configurator.

Yeah, I've had last three cars in blue and black before that. I need a discreet colour as using for work as my daily driver, so no Miami Blue or Lava Orange for me! Lol. The Silver looks stunning so chuffed with that, and a little different to the norm.

Baseball glove leather anyone? (Not really my cup of tea, but does look pretty good)

Attachments

• c577da95_78df_4caf_8a54_b906e17a762b_160.jpeg
    c577da95_78df_4caf_8a54_b906e17a762b_160.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 2,706
Ordered my 992 on Thursday. Apparently the build slot was already 2 days beyond finalising spec, but unsurprisingly they managed to get it in. Was servicing my 718 Boxster, and was going to change in the Summer, but the temptation proved too much. Build March delivery 1st April - which is apparently earliest date you can receive one so they said.

Link to spec: http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCa.../modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PLPYT4C9

Went for Aventurine Green. Looked great on configurator and they found a paint swatch for me to see. Currently Agate Grey and wanted something a little different but not a garish colour person.

Had to hold down rest of spec to make it affordable! But hopefully okay. Now to get excited. Second 911 - i did have a second hand 996 once before.

Excellent!... yes, the temptation is brutal.

UK Launch across the dealerships it seems is end March for the demonstrators and first uk builds.

AGDelaney said:
Ordered my 992 on Thursday. Apparently the build slot was already 2 days beyond finalising spec, but unsurprisingly they managed to get it in. Was servicing my 718 Boxster, and was going to change in the Summer, but the temptation proved too much. Build March delivery 1st April - which is apparently earliest date you can receive one so they said.

Link to spec: http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCa.../modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PLPYT4C9

Went for Aventurine Green. Looked great on configurator and they found a paint swatch for me to see. Currently Agate Grey and wanted something a little different but not a garish colour person.

Had to hold down rest of spec to make it affordable! But hopefully okay. Now to get excited. Second 911 - i did have a second hand 996 once before.
Welcome back to 911 ownership. That colour looks great. Love to see it in the flesh. You got all the things we really need from the spec. Everything else is just tweaks. I wimp out on bold colours and default to same old, same old. Want I really want is an orange one 😀

That's might quick delivery from order date. Wonder how many are selling :?:

Apparently that was the only build slot available from this franchise. Nothing firm after. Didn't say, but I assumed a cancellation. Salesman did seem surprised it was available. [/quote]

They have the new manufacturing facility up and running, so would expect increased outputs will make the 992 much shorter lead time.

Definitely luck of the draw sometimes, my current car had about a 7 month lead period.

Radically changed my spec today... confirmed the build code... to have the 911 logo instead of the Carrera S logo ;)

Decided to stay with the wood trim!!! definite gamble.

I've stuck with the black leather with crayon contrast stitch, (wish i could have red stitch). Wondering how the colour of the crayon stitch will remain with use of the car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back