Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know this 996 GT3 mk2

awesome news and hope it goes well.

looks like a brilliant car

NXI I have only ever seen those sun visors on my mates old 6.2 RS and that had full cage so get your point.

has been done very well and with a lot of care and attention

Jamesyg said:
It is slodges old car, then went into a collection for 4 years and has done 10 miles since then!

Crazy isn't it? A car in this spec deserves to be used.

As said this car has been on sale for a long time and it was for a lot more £££ when it first appeared.

Polar is beautiful on a 996.2.

Best of luck. It's a proper road racer.

Jay. said:
Jamesyg said:
NXI20 said:
Clubbie is 003 on the options code.

Welded floor plates & carpet with the appropriate cage cutouts are the signs it's been done properly if it's not a genuine CS.

To get really picky, the sun visors are different too (foldable end flaps to accommodate the cage). These are NLA and I've never seen them on a non-genuine CS (people just either dump the sun visor completely or it's tucked up by the screen & useless if the front section of cage is fitted).

ETA: I think that car might have been owned by a user called slodge on PH - it's got a lot of the mods he put on his. If so, it's a genuine good 'un.

Thanks for all the help guys! Knew I could rely on you lot!

I have viewed the car, it's an absoloute stunner. It is slodges old car, then went into a collection for 4 years and has done 10 miles since then!

Looks like I may be about to take the plunge on my first GT3 - subject to PPI.

Excited and apprehensive at the same time!

That's very exciting, wish I could stretch to afford this!

+ 1 :grin:

Have you sold the turbo now?
Be interesting to know what you think in comparison (massively different cars I know)
Good luck with PPI and purchase
Looks lovely
:thumb:

Jamesyg said:
NXI20 said:

Welded floor plates & carpet with the appropriate cage cutouts are the signs it's been done properly if it's not a genuine CS.

To get really picky, the sun visors are different too (foldable end flaps to accommodate the cage). These are NLA and I've never seen them on a non-genuine CS (people just either dump the sun visor completely or it's tucked up by the screen & useless if the front section of cage is fitted).

ETA: I think that car might have been owned by a user called slodge on PH - it's got a lot of the mods he put on his. If so, it's a genuine good 'un.

I have viewed the car, it's an absoloute stunner. It is slodges old car, then went into a collection for 4 years and has done 10 miles since then!

What happened? It's still listed for sale? I was interested in this myself

Rallyeman said:
Jamesyg said:
NXI20 said:

What happened? It's still listed for sale? I was interested in this myself

Neil, I called them yesterday and was told it was sold

I think the OP has bought a 2.7 backdate instead

Yep James bought a lovely old RS rep.
I messaged him about the GT3 to check I wasn't stepping on his toes as after my initial post on this thread, never thinking I could make it work for me, I juggled some things around and am now in a position for one I hope.

I had a few conversations with the Supercar rooms but they always seemed in a hurry. Vague finance figures they'd never send through via email etc.
I was still keen and offered them £52k after speaking to it's previous owner.
They declined though.

It sold for £49,500 in 2014. It's a straight car with over £25k spent between 2012-2014 but it has been properly thrashed on track and has a few hundred range 2 over revs. That barely equates to 1 second over the Rev limiter though so no biggie, but it will put the fusspots off.

I've decided to get a more standard one, as even to source the standard wheels and new tyres is £2500 plus.
It had also had plates welded to the floor for the front section of cage.
That put me off as I doubt it's to factory quality but I must stress I haven't seen it, so just guessing.

It looks a great car with all the remedial work most GT3s will be due by now, if you want one to carry on using it as it has been.
I'll continue my search for a nicer unmolested one though, as it will be primarily a road car with maybe the odd foray onto the track.

Rallyeman, I've just read your list in your signature section.
Why would you want another 6.2 GT3 if they're so damn ugly?? :grin:

Marky911 said:

Does that mean the front section cannot be removed?

Y2K said:
Marky911 said:

Does that mean the front section cannot be removed?

You cant fit the front section without welded plates

The front of the cage should then bolt into the plate

I see. So front section can be removed for road driving. :thumb:

Y2K said:
I see. So front section can be removed for road driving. :thumb:

I believe that should be the case

Though I looked at a Clubsport Mk1 last week with a full cage and the front bars aren't intrusive at all, IMO

To expand on that, the rear cage bolts to the rear top mounts and welded floor plates at the base of the B pillar. There are also welded floor plates at the base of the A pillar. These plates have 3 captive bolts each that allow the feet of the cage to be bolted in. The front section comes in 2 peices, the LHS has the cross bar at the top of the windscreen; it joins up to the peice on the driver's side via a screw attachment which allows it to be adjusted to fit without creaking. The 2 front sections attach to the rear section of cage via 2 bolts per side.

It's all done in such a way as to make the entire cage removeable without leaving a trace apart from the carpet cutout marks.

The front section has to be removed to change the front windscreen.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back