Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM3 - Iphone 6 Issues

Lenny39

Morning all,

Starting with the good news I took my 997.2 in for its first service (since I've owned it, only a few weeks) and the Porsche dealer didn't find any issues with the car.

However, I'm having problems connecting my phone to the PCM3. Dealer tried as well and received the same message which is as follows:

Connection Unsuccessful
Make sure 'PCM' is turned on and in range.

The salesman tried his own Galaxy phone and it connected straight away. Is it an issue with the iPhone 6?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, can't help, mine works fine. Late 2009 without 2015 map update

lenny have you tried turning the phone off completely then turn it on and let it search for the bluetooth PCM while the pcm is in search mode

Phil 997 said:
lenny have you tried turning the phone off completely then turn it on and let it search for the bluetooth PCM while the pcm is in search mode

Tried this but still doesn't work. It states it's looking for a phone with SIM Access Profile - which I think could be the issue.

I had the same problem and it was the software, I can't remember the version I had but the car a 2009. Worked fine after the upgrade I'm surprised the dealer didn't know about it.

I'll try and find my old thread :thumb:

I'd also try connecting via SIM only profile and see if that works. I had issues with a galaxy and from memory on SIM only it would work, but not on Hands-free profile.
I can't remember which profile is which, but one of them uses the car's mobile antenna and ends up storing sms messages on the PCM where the other profile is just a Bluetooth broker. I'm not sure if it made a difference to the call quality either.
Good luck

My software version is 1.41 which looking at different posts is not good!!

I'd suggest taking plenty of lube with you when you go to get the price for the update at your OPC ......this is going to sting a little.

I dont really know the phone but i assume its newer than the car ?

You can have the soft ware updated on the pcm which may fix this fault .

I remember when these first came out and not all phones would connect at the time , we had a list of ones that wouldn,t .

There is a setting you can alter with a tester but its been so long im afraid i cant remember .. i would need to sit looking at the coding to figure it out .

The above is about all you can try as its just a case of your phone speaking a different launguage than the PCM so they are not comunicateing where as the Galaxy is speaking the same launguage .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back