Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know this 996 GT3 mk2

I went to look at a Ferrari there a few years ago and I wasn't that impressed with them.I think most of their stock is SOR too.Proceed with caution.

kas750 said:
I went to look at a Ferrari there a few years ago and I wasn't that impressed with them.I think most of their stock is SOR too.Proceed with caution.

He's pretty honest about his stock being SOR. Didn't shy away from that. Difficult to get a view on a car... looked good, he was happy for a ppi and equally happy for me to drive it. Car was serviced by RPM for its life, so may contact them

that is a lot of car for the money and has some nice mods on it I would say and what most people do to a GT3 like lighter wheels, semi solid mounts, better gear shift etc

it was 10k cheaper a few months back so even the GT3 market is having issues ?

front discs look like they could do with changing.

it has a club sport cage by looks of it but not sure a clubbie from OEM as does not the centre console but leather seats. regardless its a cracking car.

kas750 said:

same experience from a Porsche

not helped by the usual unprepared SOR stock

NLW73 said:
that is a lot of car for the money and has some nice mods on it I would say and what most people do to a GT3 like lighter wheels, semi solid mounts, better gear shift etc

it was 10k cheaper a few months back so even the GT3 market is having issues ?

front discs look like they could do with changing.

it has a club sport cage by looks of it but not sure a clubbie from OEM as does not the centre console but leather seats. regardless its a cracking car.

1) Not a Motorsport cage, that's just a full Clubsport cage (still nice to have & impossible to buy new now)

2) Discs look OK. If you can still see the "S" grooves in an Alcon, they're fine :D

3) Standard splitter, not Cup

The liberal sprinkling of "motorsport" fairy dust in adverts always puts me off :eek:

It'd be nice to know which indie has been looking after it, but on the face of it, looks like it'd be worth a closer look. Price is a bit optimistic, but I'd guess the owner wants to see £50K back and they need 10% as their fee.

Jamesyg said:
.... Car was serviced by RPM for its life, so may contact them

Good idea. :thumb:

Although it looks like they might not have seen it for a while.

Looks like a lot of car for the money and its been regularly serviced with all the mods done that you would want to do.....

the oracle has spoken!!

all very good points and fair. yeah I thought it was a clubsport cage and no idea where he found that.

NXI what would be the clubsport code on the options sticker? is it 004?

if Nick thinks its worth a look in then I would go do it!

really nice colour too.

those wheels really do make a difference when driving as a lot lighter than OEM. not as pretty but depends on what you want.

Clubbie is 003 on the options code.

Welded floor plates & carpet with the appropriate cage cutouts are the signs it's been done properly if it's not a genuine CS.

To get really picky, the sun visors are different too (foldable end flaps to accommodate the cage). These are NLA and I've never seen them on a non-genuine CS (people just either dump the sun visor completely or it's tucked up by the screen & useless if the front section of cage is fitted).

ETA: I think that car might have been owned by a user called slodge on PH - it's got a lot of the mods he put on his. If so, it's a genuine good 'un.

NXI20 said:

Welded floor plates & carpet with the appropriate cage cutouts are the signs it's been done properly if it's not a genuine CS.

To get really picky, the sun visors are different too (foldable end flaps to accommodate the cage). These are NLA and I've never seen them on a non-genuine CS (people just either dump the sun visor completely or it's tucked up by the screen & useless if the front section of cage is fitted).

ETA: I think that car might have been owned by a user called slodge on PH - it's got a lot of the mods he put on his. If so, it's a genuine good 'un.

Thanks for all the help guys! Knew I could rely on you lot!

I have viewed the car, it's an absoloute stunner. It is slodges old car, then went into a collection for 4 years and has done 10 miles since then!

Looks like I may be about to take the plunge on my first GT3 - subject to PPI.

Excited and apprehensive at the same time!

Jamesyg said:
NXI20 said:

Thanks for all the help guys! Knew I could rely on you lot!

I have viewed the car, it's an absoloute stunner. It is slodges old car, then went into a collection for 4 years and has done 10 miles since then!

Looks like I may be about to take the plunge on my first GT3 - subject to PPI.

Excited and apprehensive at the same time!

That's very exciting, wish I could stretch to afford this!

Brilliant! Good luck James.

If it was this time next year I'd have been there like a shot. I remember Slodge from P'heads, from my GT3 days, he had a yellow Mk1 back then and then he caught the trackday bug with that mk2. It will have been properly maintained.

Exciting times.
As the kids say, "Tote's amaze-balls, I'm well-jel", or something like that.

:thumb:

Hope the PPI goes well - fingers crossed.

Great to see these cars being appreciated. They just do not make them like this anymore.

Weird, weird things going on with GT3 prices in general and I think that, despite a bit of gloom/softness late last year, it is being tempered by the recognition that the days of analogue driver's cars are, effectively, over. So to get one, you have to look at something used.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back